Do you sign guestbooks?
Jan 6, 2007 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

uofmtiger

500+ Head-Fier
Last night I finally got around to putting a free statcounter on my humble webpage. This morning I noticed that I had hits from several different states (USA) and not one guestbook sig (the last entry was on the 24th of December). Actually, I seem to get more spam in the guestbook than anything else.

Anyway, do you sign guestbooks and if you have a personal "hobby" website do you receive any feedback? I know my guestbook software sucks, so maybe that is the issue? If you know of a good, free guestbook program that I can load, I would love to hear from you.

If you do not sign guestbooks, that would be of interest, too. I am just curious if I should even bother changing anything... Keep in mind, I am not looking to do a website overhall to increase traffic, I just want feedback from the people that already come to my site and read my reviews.

Jan 6, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 10
I've only signed one guestbook in my history of being on the Internet, and that was for Behold... the Arctopus because they deserve all the attention they can possibly get, and more.

Can't say I've ever been compelled to sign any others.

Jan 6, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only one. And that was in 1998. I was unaware that that particular concept still existed.

What is the alternative? Let's say you had a question about something that was reviewed, how would you ask the reviewer?

I was considering changing to a blog format, but I have seen very few comments on my blogsite where I keep many of my reviews and many of them have been viewed thousands of times. Actually, I have had people PM me on forums asking about something on my site more often than any other input I have seen.

Should I just pull down the guestbook and if people have questions they are out of luck?

Jan 6, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by uofmtiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the alternative? Let's say you had a question about something that was reviewed, how would you ask the reviewer?

I'm a bigger fan of just e-mailing a person directly.

Jan 6, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

I'm a bigger fan of just e-mailing a person directly.

I have a friend that puts his email address on his blog and has had to change it several times because of spammers... I guess I could get a free yahoo or hotmail address and change it when necessary...

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that is the way I will go.

Jan 6, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #7 of 10
I rarely sign guestbooks. I have my own on my webpage and have gotten only a handful of signers - mostly famliy and friends.

Jan 6, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by uofmtiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a friend that puts his email address on his blog and has had to change it several times because of spammers... I guess I could get a free yahoo or hotmail address and change it when necessary...

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that is the way I will go.

Or have an E-Mailer form like most blogs and forums use.

Jan 6, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #9 of 10
Nice list of music albums! You sure do listen to a wide range. I like browsing people's music recommendations as part of a way for me to expose myself to new music.

Jan 7, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Or have an E-Mailer form like most blogs and forums use.

I will look into that. I have never heard of it, which is why I asked the question!

Quote:

Nice list of music albums! You sure do listen to a wide range. I like browsing people's music recommendations as part of a way for me to expose myself to new music

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back