Do you run your amp out of a tape out or...
Oct 20, 2006 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lwd

100+ Head-Fier
Like most head-fiers (I'm guessing..) I have a single CD player which serves as source for my speaker rig and also my headphone amp/energiser.

Up until now I have simply been running my headphone amp out of the 'tape out' socket on my main integrated amp.

Would I be better off having an RCA splitter on the cd player and running both directly off the cd player?

Thanks for advice in advance

Oct 20, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 4
Tape Out should be fine. Usually, those are just a direct pass-thru output from the input signal. Perhaps with op-amp buffers for impedance matching.

I doubt that it would make much difference one way or another.

Oct 20, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 4
In theory, the direct from cd player, but if you are going to use a Y-splitter to double the outputs on the CDP then thats effectively the same thing thats inside the tape loop. So really Id base the decision on whichever is the cheapest to cable for. The shorter the run, then the more you could spend on the interconnect. If a y aplitter means its half a yard to the headpheon amp, and the tape loop is 2 yards away, then use the y splitters and use a better quality for the same price as a longer, short interconnect.

Basically, I think youll be heard pressed to hear any difference between the two options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back