Do you really need USB DAC on portable amps?
Nov 4, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #32 of 34
I tend to use my Pico and Predator when listening at work, so the DAC is invaluable...ever tried listening though an integrated sound card?

On the road, however...no. Just the AMP section, if at all.

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #33 of 34
I've always felt that buying a DAC/Amp was a cheaper alternative than getting a dedicated DAC (which could be used both stationary and portability), sorta a 2 birds one stone situation.

Running sound off my on board soundcard (SoundMax HD via Asus P5n32-e sli mobo), I'm actually very impressed with the sound quality, so I'm really looking forward to what music sounds via a DAC. Original plans were to go with an Ibasso D3, but now i'm leaning towards a non-os DAC

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #34 of 34
I use an amp (Headamp AE2) only. I use it at work with an ipod Classic 80 gig, Turbo lod, and either MS1's or D100's. I consider it more of a transportable rig. If I need portable then I use the Nano with PX100's. If I listen to music at home, it is going to be vinyl. As far as music is concerned, all I use my laptop for is to is to store my itunes library, no listening. For my situation, I will probably never purchase an amp/dac combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back