Do you prefer your UE11s unamped?
Jul 22, 2008 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

spraggih

Headphoneus Supremus
I really like my UE11s without portable amplification. I thoguth the Predator made the sound better but again I like getting up and just listening to the music without an amp.

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 3
your post indicates you prefer your ue11s unamped for portability purposes, as opposed to sq purposes. I think everyone here will likely agree they prefer all headphones (not just ue11s) unamped for portability purposes, and amped for sq purposes. SQ is more important to me than portability so my vote was a "no". Perhaps your poll should ask which is more important for a given set of cans on the go, sq or portability?

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #3 of 3
That's interesting because I see the ideal about SQ always being better with amps--- but then again some would argue full size headphones always have better SQ than IEMs. So if SQ is the ultimate preference then could not one argue leave IEMs behind?

Of course there is a limit to SQ's benefit, right? So IEMs have great purchase especially since amps are smaller now and portable. But then again the question of value comes up-- to your point about portability versus SQ-- and that is my question: How much do people really prefer picking up an amp connecting the dock to the amp to the music player to listen through the UE11s?

Or does the amp crowd always keep the music player connected to their amp?
</div>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back