Aug 31, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
I like cooking for myself, but I would hate to have to cook for someone else
redface.gif

I'm the complete opposite!
biggrin.gif

I do most of the cooking at home.
My favorite time of year is thanksgiving.

Aug 31, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
FoodTV is directly responsible for my gaining 30 lbs over my optimum weight.

Gotta watch the fitness channel instead.......
biggrin.gif

-Ed

lol... wish the fitness channel worked that way.

Aug 31, 2004 at 1:03 AM Post #33 of 43
What I hate the most is the clean-up afterwards. I purchased a new stove 5 years ago when I moved into my present home...and it still has not been plugged in. Besides making the odd sandwich or heating up something in the microwave, I eat restaurant and delivery food exclusively.

I guess I'd have to say I don't like cooking.

Aug 31, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by gastro54
I hate cooking with others, if I'm cookin, I'm cookin' MY way
icon10.gif

Does "Gastro54" stand for "gastronomic"? BTW that's a pretty hypnotic avatar you got there.

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #35 of 43
i watch food network all day long. in a perfect world, id be a chef...

Aug 31, 2004 at 5:17 AM Post #36 of 43
I'm a spectacular cook. As in, every time I try to make something more complicated than macaroni and cheese, it's literally an Event to Behold. I am capable of confusing a half teaspoon of sugar with two tablespoons of salt. I was banned from my parents' kitchen after making a Teflon-coated pan catch fire trying to defrost some not-meat. I've lived in this apartment for a year now and still haven't figured out how to turn the oven on, and frankly I'm a little intimidated by it. But yeah, I like cooking.

Aug 2, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #37 of 43
1) I don’t quite understand why some people hate cooking when there are so many easy dishes out there unless if you have some type of undiagnosed learning disability which is actually common. I know I have my flaws too.

2) If you live in America, it’s important to cook your own foods because many obese and fat people In America don’t cook and they are at the mercy of eating commonly available processed precooked foods. This can potentially shorten your life and cause many people to live on pills and medications due to poor health which can be prevented from a better diet from your own home cooking.

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #38 of 43
1) I don’t quite understand why some people hate cooking when there are so many easy dishes out there unless if you have some type of undiagnosed learning disability which is actually common. I know I have my flaws too.

2) If you live in America, it’s important to cook your own foods because many obese and fat people In America don’t cook and they are at the mercy of eating commonly available processed precooked foods. This can potentially shorten your life and cause many people to live on pills and medications due to poor health which can be prevented from a better diet from your own home cooking.
I could see why people can dislike cooking as I used to be like that. When I had to start cooking for myself however, I began to appreciate it. There's plenty of advantages to learning to cook. You can cook up high quality dishes at a lower price as upscale restaurant dish prices have significant mark-ups from the cook's reputation and skills.

The more you build up knowledge of dishes, more versatile you get to be better flexible in what dishes are most appropriate for what occasions, and you can steer toward eating more healthy as you have better control over what is being served to you. You also better appreciate how others have cooked the dishes, and also learn about ingredient involved. You can eat precooked pizza, burgers, etc.., but unless you cook, you really won't know much about all the weird things in the grocery stores.

Unless one doesn't have the right taste buds or not inclined to developing cooking stills, there should be no excuses in the days of Internet and Youtube.

Cooking is interesting because it involves experimenting and outcomes that you observe and take notice of for future reference. If one is into experimenting, cooking can be interesting. And most importantly, it results in something you can eat from the effort. Tell me that's not a great benefit of the effort.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #40 of 43
Nice, a thread about cooking! My father was the cook at home. I've learned from him in the 90's.

Homemade 5-layers Lasagne served tonight:

IMG_0890.JPG

Oct 31, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #41 of 43
I also love Poke Bowl with marinated tuna, mango, habanero pepper, japanese pear and edamame

IMG-20200111-WA0007.JPG

Nov 24, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #42 of 43
I don't mind it. No hate involved with cooking.

I cut carbs and sugar and grains and seed oils more than two years ago after reading Gary Taubes' Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It. So I started with cooking / preparing my own food. My wife, who has type II diabetes, asked a few questions and while she didn't go whole hog like I did, she did cut carbs (she never was a sugar eater like me) and long story short her AIC is now below the 6.5 type II threshold.

Sep 24, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #43 of 43
I love it, its like a therapy to me!! love the music of the kitchen!! keeps me happy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back