Do you listen-n-browse?
Apr 10, 2006 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

Connectz

100+ Head-Fier
Do you listen to your cans while on this site or on the net? Its one of my favorite things to do; to listen while reclining in my chair while browsing the net.

I usually setup a few playlists before logging on so I don't have to keep manually changing tracks.

I suggest trying it if you haven't before.

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #2 of 77
thats pretty much where and when im doing my listening. bout 90% is from my main rig that is PC based. Id say 75% of that is while im browsing. The rest is during gaming,or late night critical listening. The rest of the time thats not on my pc rig is devoted to my ipod.

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #3 of 77
OF COURSE! I listen when I do just about everything. Don't have enough time usually to just sit and listen while doing nothing else. Makes mundane tasks a lot easier to deal with. Music has infiltrated just about every part of my life...
biggrin.gif

Slade

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #5 of 77
I do. But it feels like I'm not *enjoying* the music when I browse the net and listen at the same time. Most part of my brain is busy reading texts and comprehending what it means.

If I want to *enjoy* the music, I sit back and relax and just listen without doing any activity.
580smile.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #6 of 77
While browsing? Thats a softball question. Now something like while shaving or showering THAT has some meat to it. (Ive actually spent some time trying to work out the shower problem. Its all well and fine until the hair needs a washing)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #7 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
It's one of my fave pastimes besides "ipod quality time" when pitching a loaf
rs1smile.gif

Laugh, that is exactly what I wanted to say but was too afraid to. I thought I was the only one...
tongue.gif

Slade

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #8 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by k9monami
I do. But it feels like I'm not *enjoying* the music when I browse the net and listen at the same time. Most part of my brain is busy reading texts and comprehending what it means.

If I want to *enjoy* the music, I sit back and relax and just listen without doing any activity.
580smile.gif

Agreed 100%... I can vaguely enjoy the qualities of a better headphone while browsing, but most of the nuances are lost trying to split my attention. I do think better headphones are still worth it for background listening, but sure wouldn't go crazy with amps/sources if that's the only kind of listening I did...

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #9 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
It's one of my fave pastimes besides "ipod quality time" when pitching a loaf
rs1smile.gif

LMAO!!!

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #11 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Agreed 100%... I can vaguely enjoy the qualities of a better headphone while browsing, but most of the nuances are lost trying to split my attention. I do think better headphones are still worth it for background listening, but sure wouldn't go crazy with amps/sources if that's the only kind of listening I did...

IMO, and I may be noticing this a lot more because I just started using high end cans, my a900s make me feel like I am sitting there with the performers while I am browsing, and this makes it a much more stimulating and enjoyable experience. Back when I had crap for cans the tunes would just be there as kind of a background, and now it is still in the background, but like a sweet interactive background that never gets old. With my a900s if I hear a really sweet riff or section of a song, I stop reading or playing and focus my attention on it for a while and then get back to what I was doing. I love it when I have a great toe tapping or head nodding song while I am reading threads or playing counterstrike (although I usually play without music to hear footsteps, but it's great for deathmatch when I just don't care). Music makes the mundane an enjoyable experience!
600smile.gif

Slade

Apr 10, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #12 of 77
I do it frequently to add some background noise so that it isn't too boring
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #15 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by k9monami

580smile.gif

I'm on the same team too
smily_headphones1.gif
Actually, I prefer speakers when I'm browsing (my speakers are mellow-ish and totally unfatiguing), and cans for critical listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back