Do You Like Or Dislike COLDPLAY And Why?
Aug 4, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #16 of 80
Absolutely terrible band. I cannot stand the singer; no stage presence, no range, no songwriting skills, and terrible voice. The band is boring and repetitive. I saw them on The Daily Show recently, and I wanted to gouge my eyes and ears out. I do not understand the media hype, and I do not understand why they have a record contract. Nothing about them is good. They cannot even do a good job of ripping off U2. Hell, I bet the polycarbonate used in their actual CDs is made up of recycled post-Actung Baby U2 CDs...

Long story short: I hate them.

Aug 4, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #17 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
…no stage presence…

OK, this is the only semi-favorable thing I will ever write about a group I find uncategorically dreadful: I actually think Chris Martin has stage presence. It's weird, but when he stands in front of the band he actually seems like a rock star. It's the music that makes a liar out of him.

Aug 4, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #18 of 80
I don't like or dislike them, I find them average, bland, uninspired.

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #22 of 80
I don't dislike them, but I don't particularly like them. I think they are good for background music or not so serious listening for me.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #23 of 80
"Give me a gun and I'll start a war, if you could tell me something worth fighting for".

Sorry guys, I think these lyrics are not only beautiful, but very appropriate for our times. I like Coldplay. I like Radiohead more
however.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #24 of 80
Never liked them at all.
Some of the most dreary and downright boring songs ive ever heard.
A frontman with zero charisma and talent equals music that will never take a place in my collection.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #25 of 80
Got the latest album but have been unable to finish it yet. Too boring!
frown.gif

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #26 of 80
The words "pretentious" and "whining" spring to mind. Commercial crap attempting to appear as if it has a message which is the worst kind of commercial crap there is. If I have to choose, give me Kylie Minogue any day of the week (yes you may take that literally
biggrin.gif
).

Aug 4, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #27 of 80
Quote:

The words "pretentious" and "whining" spring to mind. Commercial crap attempting to appear as if it has a message which is the worst kind of commercial crap there is. If I have to choose, give me Kylie Minogue any day of the week (yes you may take that literally ).

Everything is commercial.

Aug 4, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #28 of 80
I didn't like X&Y (shock horror), mainly because it was a repepetive sound. People say parachutes is their best, but i really like their latest. I feel that it is new, and bold, especially for a famous group. One of the reasons i like Radiohead.

One of reasons i hate new "indie" groups THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME!!! All full of stupid posh boys who talk about fairness but probably have only seen poverty from behind a glass panel. Idiots. I really like Vampire weekend and then i heard one of their lyrics:

"i climbed the dharamshala
I saw the dalai lama
His accent sounded fine to me"

WHAT THE HELL. I bet that stupid boy cant even find the dharamshala on a frickin map. Sorry to rant, but they are just so frickin stupid! *takes a deep breath*

Aug 4, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #30 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everything is commercial.

In varying degrees, yes, but equating The Happy Dog with Dave Mathews Band in terms of commercial persuasion is silliness and you know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back