Do you like IOS 8.4?
Jul 12, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #31 of 40
I feel the same way. If you don't want the radio then you should have the option to not have it. If you don't want cloud use it should be an option. Everyone is OK like it's fine that we have all this cool Apple stuff. I personally have never had an issue with the Apple ways until now.

I can help you revert back to the old iOS if you have a PC. Don't know how to find the files to remove from an Apple computer.

As far as I remember you just have to hunt down what Apple leaves behind even when you take ITunes completely out. Look on C drive and there's a file just called Music, there maybe also some Apple support files. Make sure that the music folder only has the ITunes library and not your personal music. Put it in Recycle Bin. Now when you go to instal iTunes it will let you add an older copy of the program into your computer. Then I guess you would try and do a reset on your phone?

I just really know how to change to an older copy of iTunes on a PC. There is also support (Non-Apple) web sites which will have an older copy of ITunes to download if you can't find one in your files.

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #32 of 40
Gee, I'm glad that I don't use iTunes and their player on my Touch 5G.

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #34 of 40
For me it stopped my Oppo HA-2 working with my iPhone 6 Plus.  Pretty disappointing.  My DA-10 still works though.  I saw some things about how it changes accessories work, but it seems like some have now been broken.  I also noticed that I see more "accessory not supported" messages.  Might have to look at rolling back.  

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #35 of 40
For me it stopped my Oppo HA-2 working with my iPhone 6 Plus.  Pretty disappointing.  My DA-10 still works though.  I saw some things about how it changes accessories work, but it seems like some have now been broken.  I also noticed that I see more "accessory not supported" messages.  Might have to look at rolling back.  

It seems they get the software out then fine tune it a little. When 8.3 came out, I remember it was about 4or 5 days where you could not post pictures at all from the devices?

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #36 of 40
Actually I figured it out. While it does seem some cables are no longer welcome(or just dusty) the HA-2 just needed a switch between the Dac and power bank modes. It works great now again.

Jul 25, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #37 of 40
Leaving aside Apple's blunt drive of us sheeple towards one gate where they cut 30% off, I can say that I was lucky to decide not accepting "Apple Music" bait after the 8.4 update and ended up in a mix of stuff bought at iTMS and stuff sideloaded from my PC's iTunes (v11.4 by the way).
One press on the "Artists-v" pulldown menu and there you are, the "Show iTunes Purchases" slider. Turned it off and hey, get off of my cloud. Only music synced from my "digital hub" remains.
The worst change I see is that now artwork for "Artist" category has to come from the cloud and not from the album embedded art. Many artists are just bland grey "music note" icons. Not so in my iTunes 11 though!
And now the best news - Sound Quality seems to be finally FIXED! Yay! Since iOS 7, and up to 8.4, I heard some whiffling in the highs that told me the decoder does not fully restore the intended sound wave; that may have been some other interference like system interrupts or such. No idea - but all female vocal music, especially sibilants, were too under-processed, I could hear harshness there. This is now all gone, and only low typical source resolution (128K AAC) reminds me we're not in musical heaven yet.
Of course you'd say "get a bloody AK240 and forget i-s....tuff" but I like my Spotify where the rest of my tunes are, and where the rest of my things are... on a smatphone. I keep fingers crossed for hi-rez iTunes announcement and my next phone will not be Apple's without that. That and an AMOLED screen.

Another strong PRO for iOS 8.4 is deep power saving mode when phone not used, much better battery life now, two full days or more. Yes I only use a single Outlook.com email on the goe, for other email providers I have used did not quite support a proper IDLE mode and were draining battery good.

Overall - very happy with iOS 8.4 once I de-fused the Apple Music bait.
I have been waiting for the music playback fix since I sold iPhone 4S last year. The 4S with IOS 6 had better "smoother, vinyl-like" SQ than my 5S with 8.3 - NOT SO with iOS 8.4 ha!

HTHH

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #38 of 40
For me I never set the artist artwork, and it works pretty well for me now.  Most artists have a photo, and some are just a colored background, not a music note.  Its the best looking interface IMO, and usability beats everything else out there.  For the reasons above I still attach a DAC/AMP to the iphone instead of getting a dedicated DAP.  That way I don't have to complain about crappy interfaces.  And I'm not really into hi-res anyway since I can't tell between 320kbps and hi res files.  So for the people that say the iPhone doesn't do hi-res I guess I'm lucky.  

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #39 of 40
  For me I never set the artist artwork, and it works pretty well for me now.  Most artists have a photo, and some are just a colored background, not a music note.  Its the best looking interface IMO, and usability beats everything else out there.  For the reasons above I still attach a DAC/AMP to the iphone instead of getting a dedicated DAP.  That way I don't have to complain about crappy interfaces.  And I'm not really into hi-res anyway since I can't tell between 320kbps and hi res files.  So for the people that say the iPhone doesn't do hi-res I guess I'm lucky.  

You're not lucky, you're normal. 
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #40 of 40
Yeah I know.  I just mean lucky compared to the last guy cuz he actually managed his artist art.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back