Do you like crossfeed?
Jul 30, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #17 of 34
It's a situational thing, like with older music where the instruments are only in one ear or the other, or only one channel is used in an introduction before the other kicks in.

I will say I don't like the crossfeed on the Micro Amp as it increases the bass, decreases the treble, and muddles up the mids. The Opera crossfeed does a better job of blending the channels without affecting the sound quality. Either of them will help the situations I mentioned above but I don't leave either of them on all the time.

And yes I realize the Opera costs more than the Micro Amp so it's like comparing apples and oranges, but I like one and not the other. *shrug*

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #18 of 34
I use a Corda Cross-1 with my tube amp and a Porta Corda. Both work very well for me because I listen to a lot of old jazz. Even with many newer jazz recordings crossfeed is welcomed.

Jul 30, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 34
I've tried it a few times on my headfive and I just don't like it as much as without it... Then again all I listen to is thrash/death metal from the 80s/90s.

Aug 15, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #20 of 34
Older hard-panned recordings , yes
Everything else, no

So use it occasionally, but prefer without.

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #22 of 34
Yes I really like it.

Aug 16, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #25 of 34
I used to have a Prehead and had it on all the time.......thought I would miss the cross-feed....but I don't miss it a bit...not even with old jazz stuff!

Aug 16, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #26 of 34
Not really. I used to flip it on and off just to hear the difference, but I never preferred it on. With it off, everything is more true to tone. With it on, every tone looses its edge.

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #28 of 34
Tried crossfeed on a HR "Maxed-out" Desktop and it did absolutely nothing for me except slightly muddy the sound. Sometimes created a "strange" soundstage that was too unreal for my taste.

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #29 of 34
All the time on my Corda Move & Headroom Supreme...none on my ASL, but I use the ASL with K1000's that allow for XFeed...

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Older hard-panned recordings , yes
Everything else, no

So use it occasionally, but prefer without.

"What he (steviebee) said"!

I've owned Corda amps in the past, and now the Corda Cross-1 (thanks again, Sov) with my current gear. Sometimes I can get into a "groove" and go on local, crossfeed binges. When I do employ crossfeed (on the Cross-1), I use only the lowest setting, though.

Good for old recordings with instruments/vocals "stranded" on one channel.

In general, I can do without it. Plus, it's one more thing getting between the source and amp; so from a minimalist standpoint, I can do without it, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back