Do you leave your amp powered on all the time?
Aug 14, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruahrc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps what we should be discussing here is why we should or should not leave amps on all the time

Good suggestion.
I leave it on because I do a lot of on and off listening and don't like to switch it on and of all the time. The temp. of the amp stays the same, that seems the best for the amp to me. But I don't no if that's true either.

[/QUOTE]perhaps the folks from Headroom can give some advice as to care/usage of their SS amps? (or tube- in the case of the Hybrid Desktop)[/QUOTE]

I like to know their opinion too.

Aug 16, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #32 of 35
I never leave my micro stack on. No need to as it takes what, a half second to turn it on. I just do not think that it is good for the amp or dac to be running 24/7. But I have noticed among my friends that a lot of people leave electronics on in general.

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #34 of 35
Always turn off.
At least if its more than an hour or two until I will use it again..

Aug 18, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #35 of 35
My microstack is attached to my power bar. When my monitor goes off by itself on standby, the Microstack goes off by itself thanks to a Philips Smart Surge power bar.

SPP3226WA/17 - Surge protector - Power solutions - Accessories - Philips

The first outlet is the master switch, the strip shuts off the other outlets when there is low current going to the master outlet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back