Do you know of a flash player that meets my needs?
Apr 12, 2007 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

grndslm

1000+ Head-Fier
I need a flash player that:

1) has a user-replaceable battery (would *really prefer* AA or AAA, but the peace of mind that I can easily purchase & replace the battery is more important to me)
2) has a storage capacity of 4-12GB; TWO gigabytes is TOO small
3) can be used as a flash drive to drag & drop files in any file browser; USB Mass Storage (UMS) device, I believe
4) has NO hissing/static, as I will prolly be using this with an amp like Supermicro IV or iBasso T2

Any features after that are just "extras", like SD card expandability & fm radio. But I *cannot* budge on those requirements above.

People have suggested the Sandisk Sansa e280, Cowan D2, and Cowan G3, of which I thought all were excellent but lacking in one of those things above. If I'm mistaken, please correct me. Information for really important features to me -- - are fairly hard to come by.

Anyway, all suggestions are appreciated. Also, please share your pros & cons of your device(s) so that I can get the full picture.

Thanks!

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 4
I've noticed that e280 can be used as UMS device...whether or not it will work easily with Ubuntu is another matter to figure out. Apparently Rockbox port was started last year for e280, so there *is* a flash player with Rockbox support...which also gives me hope that flawless Ubuntu support could be possible!

What do you guys think of the e280's sound quality...nobody seems to think that it's anything exceptional. Anyone use an amp with it? Or MDR-V6, or KSC75, or Grados/MS-1??

I really don't want hiss/static in the line...if I can't find all those features above in a flash player, then I'm definitely gonna be buying an iMod.

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 4
it works with ubuntu, just make sure you have id3 v2.3 tags, not v1

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 4
Insignia Video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back