Do you know any good DIY forums out there?
Jun 29, 2007 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SayNoToPistons

500+ Head-Fier
I am planning on building a subwoofer and I am having trouble designing a good tuned box. I already know of the DIY section, avsforum, and diyaudio. What other good DIY forums are out there?

Jun 29, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 6
Ever since the Madisound forum imploded, the HTGuide Forum is hands-down the best speaker DIY forum on the net. Be aware that it's not particularly oriented at newbies. If you're only looking to build a subwoofer, the Parts Express forum will probably get you better feedback.

Jun 29, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks, i posted on HTguide a few minutes ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons
I am planning on building my first DIY subwoofer for my "future" home theater"
biggrin.gif
. It's more of an experiment and experience since it will be my first. Anyways, i will choose the Elemental Design EQS12 subwoofer (single) and the 300w Bash amp. I don't have much wood working skills so i don't need a fancy box (as long as it's pleasing to the eye and won't look like a disaster sitting in a room). I would like to keep the size small and the design simple. I would like to mount the amp in the back of the box. I searched for designs using the EQS12 and i found these, unfortunately they're using dual woofers and i plan on using a single.

A dual woofer design using the same amp i plan on using:
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31676

Another dual woofer design using a different amp. I plan on mounting my amp like the way he did it:
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?p=332566

So what sort of designs can you guys come up with?

Thanks.

Jun 29, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 6
After reading the header I thought you meant **** sites
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 6
Hehehehe, you're in need of some tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back