Do you have these spare parts for a PIMETA?
Jan 6, 2004 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

blipblop

100+ Head-Fier
Since I was too impatient and shot out a Digi-Key order before hearing tangent's advice of purchasing resistors that were close enough to the out-of-stock values, I am now stuck with ordering and paying a ridiculous handling fee along with a shipping fee. Even at Mouser and Newark, I'll be raped with the shipping fee for 2 resistor values!

So, does anyone have a metal film (don't care which brand as long as its decent) 2 1.5k and 2 9.1k resistors that they are willing to part with? I have PayPal which I can shoot over for your troubles - and i'm cool with them being shipped in an envelope. Thanks a bunch!

Jan 6, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 14
Jason, thank you ever so much. Even if you don't have them - I really appreciate the thought and efforts. Please let me PayPal you, even if it is just a dollar!

Jan 6, 2004 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 14
blip,

Sorry to report the closest I have to your values is 1.0K and 10K. If you could combine a 1K and 470R to make your 1.5K, I could do that. Don't really have any other combos that would be close to 9.1K, though, without combining 3 or more resistors.

-Jason

Jan 6, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 14
DAMN. Thanks anyway, Jboehle. Like I said, I appreciate the effort. I think I'll pass on using two resistors for the one value, it will be difficult to fit those two on to Tangent's PCB.

Jan 6, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 14
That's what I figured! No problem. Do you have a Radio Shack nearby, that might have the appropriate values? Let us know a zip code for where you live, maybe we can suggest a local electronics shop that might have what you need.

-Jason

Jan 6, 2004 at 1:02 PM Post #7 of 14
My zip is 08854. Central New Jersey. The only electronics shop I know of is Greenbrook Electronics, and they are horrible. They have more stuff than radio shack, but the place is in such disrepair, I wonder how it stays alive!

Jan 6, 2004 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 14
Jan 6, 2004 at 3:00 PM Post #9 of 14
As I suspected American Pioneer seems to be some half-baked distributo. I can't even find a 1k resistor on their search engine.

Jan 6, 2004 at 3:09 PM Post #10 of 14
I would call them before you pass judgement. You may well be correct, but I've found that the web presence of many of these electrical wholesalers is often half-baked, even though their back-end business is not. These guys are still getting used to the Internet - they have been used to dealing with phone orders and face-to-face communication for the last 50 years, and I've found most of them are having a hard time adjusting to the new way we expect to do business.

-Jason

Jan 6, 2004 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 14
You're probably right, Jason. I was just put off by that one storefront I went to. Thanks, Jason! You've been an incredible help. If you ever need anything, shoot me a PM.

Jan 6, 2004 at 4:04 PM Post #12 of 14
Yup. They are just a distributor.

Jan 9, 2004 at 8:47 PM Post #14 of 14
My god - how nice of you, Jason. I'll PM you now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back