Do you have a "Problem Ear"?
Oct 10, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #16 of 29
i dont know if its a problem but i can hear more detail in music in the afternoon(1-5pm) and after dinner (8pm onwards) than most time of the the day... thats why its always around 2-5pm i bought my headphones and other audio gears...

Oct 17, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #17 of 29
I have no problems with either ear with UM-1's. When I went to have custom earplugs made neither side seemed to be easier or harder than the other, and both plugs are about the same shape and size.

I'm one of the lucky ones, it seems.

Oct 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #18 of 29
Right ear feels it has a slight pressure on it, compared to the left. In the early 1990's I was in a local rock band and my keyboards were always set up with the drums to my right, so I had cymbals and hi-hat frequencies on that side for gigs and rehursals. Also went to see some extremely loud gigs from my 20s onwards which didn't help matters.

Oct 17, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #19 of 29
Definitely count me in on the hanging to the left side of the equation. Shure black foamies are a bit of a result as far as my canals are concerned. BTW, if my GF had any idea I was in any way involved in this thread she would have me committed and have - "Here lies a sad b**tard" carved on my tombstone

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right ear feels it has a slight pressure on it, compared to the left. In the early 1990's I was in a local rock band and my keyboards were always set up with the drums to my right, so I had cymbals and hi-hat frequencies on that side for gigs and rehursals. Also went to see some extremely loud gigs from my 20s onwards which didn't help matters.

I know it's OT, but orchestral musicians end up with problems like this too (like people sitting in front of brass, or near percussion, etc.), where after years of exposure one ear ends up worse off than the other.

Nov 2, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takonic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i do! , i have small ear canals..so useually they dont seal right or slip out easily

Me too, I can barely use the smallest shure black foamies, my ear canals are that small. I guess I will need to invest in custom molds at some point.

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #24 of 29
With shallow insertion tips I find it harder to get a seal with my right rears.

With a deep insertion tips, my right side is harder to get a seal too. And on top of that when I get a seal, my right side would have lesser isolation. I feel that my right ear have less skin contact with the tip than my left ear. I can quite easily achieve a seal with a suction feeling with my left ear but only very very very rarely with my right. In fact I have to try to break the seal on my left ear to relieve that suction feel on my ear drum with most insertion attempt.

Haven't tried any custom yet.

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #25 of 29
I don't get as good a seal in my left ear. Not sure why, but it is a long process getting customs or iems to seal right.Maybe my canal moves more in one ear than the other. Think it took me 4 times getting adjustments on my eu-11's. My ue-5's don't fight right anymore in my left ear.

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #26 of 29
my right ear doesn't seal as well then my left but I think my customs which are on their way here should solve that issue
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #27 of 29
my left ear suffered from a tear in the inner flesh caused by too much sneezing. though the ENT physician guaranteed it has no side effect, I know very well its not as sensitive as before. super transient highs and woofer explosions way below are not heard. the right one performs a-ok no problemo

Nov 4, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #28 of 29
Left ear for me. Always tricky to get a good seal with IEM's, but a little extra adjustment does the trick. In addition, sudden loud noises make me hear a slight buzz in my left ear, i've had that issue since childhood.

Nov 4, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #29 of 29
Left ear. The cable always seem to stretch on the left side and pull on my left ear.
Could be due to the fact I am wearing the portable player on that side, but then again I seem to get worse seal in my left ear..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back