Do you guys want another Quail group buy?
Jul 28, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #94 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by utep10
Did I miss this somewhere? Is there a price difference for the 12 gauge power cord?

I just sent them an email. I will post their reply here.

Jul 28, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #95 of 120
I'm also interested in the ferrite-less cord. Depending on the price, I might increase my order to 3 or 4 cords instead of 2.
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #96 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_JV
I'm down for the 12 guage ferrite-less cord in black. Does this mean the plugs on both ends will be black as well?

JV.

Yes. If the 12-guage batch will be ordered, the color will be black. It will not have the ferrites.

The 14-gauges will be the exactly same as the 1st batch, it is colored with with purple ends, and will have ferrites.

Jul 28, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #97 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
Yes. If the 12-guage batch will be ordered, the color will be black. It will not have the ferrites.

The 14-gauges will be the exactly same as the 1st batch, it is colored with with purple ends, and will have ferrites.

Hi tortie,

So if I'm interested in a black cable it has to be a 12-guage... Beside the fact that it will be stiff enough to lift by itself the audio component (
wink.gif
) does it represent a potential problem for ordinary component like a DAC?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 28, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #98 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie

Ok, please change my order to 3 of the black 12 guage cords.

Thanks again!

JV.

Jul 28, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #99 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by genetic
Hi tortie,

So if I'm interested in a black cable it has to be a 12-guage... Beside the fact that it will be stiff enough to lift by itself the audio component (
wink.gif
) does it represent a potential problem for ordinary component like a DAC?

Thanks in advance.

I dont think it would be that stiff
biggrin.gif

I cant think of any potential problems to any components by changing to a bigger gauge cord. There may be a possibility of your cords heating up and catching fire if you change the original cord to a smaller gauge wire, especially in power hungy components. But I see no problems with changing your origianl powercord to a bigger gauge wire.

Jul 28, 2004 at 3:03 PM Post #102 of 120
Is there a price difference for the 12 gauge?

Incidentally folks I have a couple 12 gauge shielded cords, and they are like 5/8" diameter and HEAVY. 14 gauge is pretty beefy in itself. I'm thinking that the 14 gauge is probably overkill itself, and the 12 gauge is bordering on ridiculous. But then again, this is probably the wrong hobby to be questioning a little ridiculous overkill
wink.gif

Rob

Jul 28, 2004 at 3:18 PM Post #103 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by robzr
Is there a price difference for the 12 gauge?

Incidentally folks I have a couple 12 gauge shielded cords, and they are like 5/8" diameter and HEAVY. 14 gauge is pretty beefy in itself. I'm thinking that the 14 gauge is probably overkill itself, and the 12 gauge is bordering on ridiculous. But then again, this is probably the wrong hobby to be questioning a little ridiculous overkill
wink.gif

Rob

Hi Rob,

All I wanted was a more discret cable in black....
wink.gif

Amicalement

Jul 28, 2004 at 4:23 PM Post #105 of 120
I'm going to be using this for my PC audio, would the extra EMI protection from the cable WITH ferrites be the best choice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back