Do You EQ Your UM2/E4c/E5c/SuperFi Pro/ER4?
Nov 16, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 14
when i first got my um2's, i tweaked the upper end of the spectrum on the EQ of my X5, after a few days i noticed sibilance on a few songs, i use the flat EQ, no effects out on my X5 now, i'm not sure whether i miss the highs just yet, need to listen to them for longer to judge that.

cheers

Nov 16, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
I'm curious to see how many users of the aforementioned IEMs are satisfied with the "stock" sound, and how many tweak them via EQ. If you do use EQ, what do you do?

I use Shure E5C, have many other headphones, I always equalize, even when I listen to classical, I just don’t like music flat from any source (Home system via speakers, portable, doesn’t matter)

Nov 16, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 14
X5L, E5c, No EQ!!!
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 14
Karma + E4s here, and I EQ them a bit, How could I not, with an EQ like that? *snuggle*

Though, I do like them without eqing, as well.

Nov 16, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #9 of 14
Um2 with iPaq 4150 no EQ apart from superbass.

Um2 with iRiver iFP790 - bass is +9dbs - then the 3 mid bands -3dbs and top treble at 0.

Sounds like extream bass but its not really.

I cant understand ppl saying they have to treble boost their UM2s - mine is really lively - almost as lively as shure e4c but with fuller bassy sound.

Nov 16, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #10 of 14
I've found without some kind of treble boost the UM2s sound really dark, the bass is overwhelming and casts a shadow over the entire spectrum. All my mp3s have been mp3gained, so when listening through a 5G Ipod, I find the treble booster really makes the UM2s shine; comparable to an E4c with a really "muscular" low end.

Veggie are you primarily using the Sony eartips with your UM2?

Nov 16, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #11 of 14
e4 with x5L, boost the 60hz by 4, 250hz by 3. With the ipod heaphone out, I use either 'acoustic' eq or nothing. Obviously nothing when using an amp.

Nov 16, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #12 of 14
When I use the Super.fi 5 Pros on my Nano I use either the Jazz, Rock, Treble Boost or sometimes nothing at all depending on the track.

Nov 16, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #13 of 14
Neither of my amps seem to do much for the UM2 and another can has stolen my h-ear-t anyway. Been knocked down to second string portable, they have.

Nov 16, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
I've found without some kind of treble boost the UM2s sound really dark, the bass is overwhelming and casts a shadow over the entire spectrum.

Agreed. But I can't decide on a preference. Using a 4g iPod with Um2 with bi-flanges. While the bass can be overwhelming and "colors" the sound, it also adds more "body" or presence to what I'm hearing. When I use a treble bass EQ or tried to EQ on the computer the way Countach did, I can't help feeling like something is missing.

Doesn't help that I listen to predominantly electronic music (live sets and dj mixes) from the net, so the source's sound quality fluctuate wildly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back