Do you enjoy warm weather?
Jul 10, 2005 at 11:09 AM Post #46 of 63
I preferred mildly warm weather until I moved to my current location. Now, I enjoy the cold because I can "rip" on my Burton Dragon snow board.
dragon-z.gif

In aviation, the stardard temperature is 59 degrees F (15C) and, more often then not, I tend to enjoy this medium.

Jul 10, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #48 of 63
Too bad I can only vote for one choice. I used my vote to say I like the cold.
Neighbors are a bitch also.
Fat people in shorts eating ice cream doesn't bother too much. It's those fat teenage girls with green and red hair wearing skimpy clothes that are 2 sizes too small that gets too me. I guess they are proud of that big bottom and fat rolls around their middle that they worked so hard to get.
confused.gif

I sweat too much in warm weather. I prefer my temps around 60f (16c). Which, I can happily report, it is here this morning.
tongue.gif

Don't worry about becoming a grumpy old man Pink. My main goal in life is to become a grumpy old man.
icon10.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 3:21 PM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
..."It's all self inflicted so I can't really complain, 3 bottles of wine a night for 20 years, 40 cigs a day and little or no exercise can only lead to the inevitable..... I was warned about it when I was a pretty top class swimmer (amatuer league), I was warned about it when I was pretty much good at most sports but thought that my fitness would stay with me for life......"

AFAIK you will benefit from a focused and regular training regime in younger years for the rest of your life. That said, it is never too late to exercise. Mind you, effective exercise for middle aged is as little as a brisk walk 30min each day (just don’t smoke at the same time
wink.gif
: Give your bus card to a poor! Sorry to sound like your GP
600smile.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #50 of 63
Quote:

AFAIK you will benefit from a focused and regular training regime in younger years for the rest of your life.

My idea of working out is lifting 12 ounces
wink.gif

I think genetics and desire have more to do with being in shape than anything else with the latter having the abosulute priority over the former.If you feel fit you are fit but look at a physical task with a "no way I can do that" attitiude and you are already screwed.the human body can take real beating and it is the mind that breaks down first and sets a peron up for failure.If i want to do a thing i just do it.If i can not I try again but with more focus until I can.If I still fail I chalk it up to "impossible" anyway and if not doable by me then ,well,just not possible by humans
tongue.gif

what is the killer ? Inactivity combined with advancing years,There are two periods in your life that it is very important to be active.the formulative years,those years you area actively growing and which will determine what type of adult you will be on thew physical scale,and the "down years" where you try to hold onto all that prior work done in the formulative years.
the mniddle years are not important.you can go back and forth from in shape to out of shape and back again in a couple of weeks but the old "once you lose it you never get it back" is far too true as we age.What is easily lost has a very high cost to regain and it comes with both focus,the willpower to DO IT DAMMIT and then there is the pain,oh yeah bay,there is the pain...........
cool.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42

what is the killer ? Inactivity combined with advancing years,There are two periods in your life that it is very important to be active.the formulative years,those years you area actively growing and which will determine what type of adult you will be on thew physical scale,and the "down years" where you try to hold onto all that prior work done in the formulative years.
the mniddle years are not important.you can go back and forth from in shape to out of shape and back again in a couple of weeks but the old "once you lose it you never get it back" is far too true as we age.What is easily lost has a very high cost to regain and it comes with both focus,the willpower to DO IT DAMMIT and then there is the pain,oh yeah bay,there is the pain...........
cool.gif

Too true Rick. Once you're out of shape it takes a hell of a lot of focus and determination and hard painful work to get back into shape again and sometimes It's not possible to ever get back into shape if you've damaged your system beyond repair.

"Willpower" is the one thing I don't seem to have (or can't find) I'm one of these "I'll stop drinking and smoking tomorrow" kind of people where tomorrow never comes... plenty of good intentions but never any action.... and the more you sit about abusing your system the less likely it is that you'll ever pluck up the determination to turn the tables and do something about it... It's easy being unfit, no work is required... thing is once you've reached a certain stage it's a downward spiral.

If anyone knows an easy way to get fit let me know!

Jul 10, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #52 of 63
I try to keep an open mind about these controversial issues, so, in a spirit of investigation, I went outdoors.

I was not impressed.
biggrin.gif

BW

Jul 10, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #53 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
I live in florida, and I'm an asphalt paver, consider me a dire enemy of the heat and humidity, I battle it every day.

OMG
eek.gif

I'd be a dead man after one week of that!
Bet you keep a big pitcher of iced tea in your fridge don't you?

That's what I'm doing right now, enjoying a big glass of iced tea and dodging the heat, it's 95 in Michigan today.

It hasn't rained in weeks.
All my grass is dead.
TR

Jul 10, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #54 of 63
No. I don't like it but it doesn't bother me too much either. 33 degrees now, no problem.

I like 8-22 degrees and I don't complain until -20, if there is wind involved. I like rain. I like snow. I like night. I like fall, winter and spring.

That's 46.4-71.6 farenheit for you old world Yanks.
BTW when are you going to join the rest of the world and get with the program (metric)?
tongue.gif
wink.gif

It's so obvious, water freezes at 0 degrees!
blink.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
I live in florida, and I'm an asphalt paver, consider me a dire enemy of the heat and humidity, I battle it every day. Man am I happy when we get our collective two weeks of winter.

Yes, I hate humidity. I was in IN. a month about this time last year. It's so beautiful and cool. I enjoy the beach though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back