Do You Burn-In Your Headphones?
Jun 6, 2007 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

ex0du5

500+ Head-Fier
Do you burn-in headphones when you get them?

Note, this is a continuation of Sunkinator's topic "Burn-in Roundup!". A poll has been created as requested.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 45
I burn them in with use, I dont specifically let them sit there playing loud music. Come on you just got a new pair of headphones, shouldn't you be listening to em?
280smile.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 45
I'm burning in my new SR-60's with various music and pink noise. I can't say it made the sound better, but it changed the sound. Bit softer sound with less in the low frequiences.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 45
to be true, I don't know about it, since some people stated that they hear the difference after burn in, but personally, I do no have a chance to burn in my headphone because my most current phone with a decent source is the second hand HD650. Yes, I got my E4C before that, but I only have a portable player, and its sound quality isn't exactly great

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 45
Yes, I do believe in burning in headphones, and that it does change the sound of the headphone. But no, I don't actually burn my headphones in. I listen to them straight out of the package, and slowly work my way to it. I try to enjoy the full experience.

Jun 6, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #6 of 45
Copied from Burn-in Roundup:

Pink Noise at moderately loud levels. Loosens the physical devices (flexing new materials) and electrical pathways get burnt in with a strong current (oxidation and solder residue boundries). At least this is what I have convinced myself of. The K701s were particularly noticable as was my tube amp (w/ almost all BG caps).

I did not listen for extended periods during burn in so I could determine if it was having an effect. The amp impact was almost overnight after about two weeks 7/24. The K701s were more gradual. In both cases, the bass impact and definition got stronger and the highs opened up to sound clearer. The soundstage got larger and better defined. The quietness of the background improved, making the delicate sounds more noticable.

Jun 6, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 45
Yep, I burned in my ones. Listened to them during the day or mostly evening actually and during the night their food was pink noise. Difference was really there and noticable.

Jun 6, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #10 of 45
NAh, rip open package, attach to head, plug into source.

Although, I will leave them playing while I'm away.

Jun 6, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #12 of 45
i burned mine in with use. things i noticed are as such:

amped, improved bass accuracy and tonal seperation over about a 120 hour period,

even after 120 hours, there was nearly no bass with portable devices.

after an estimated 500 hours, my proline 750's sounded perfect on any portable (given the fact all portables ive used are decent quality) but were lacking in volume, bass was there, maybe a little weak on the snares and kicks, but definately workign well on low power.

thousand hours+, i get a very sharp listenable volume, application of the zunes "jazz" EQ, sounds, so, good. i beleive in burn in....

FS: LDM+ xDDD jkjk. actually.. maybe, im getting IEM's for work, and my e-mu1616m powers my prolines very well.

Jun 6, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #14 of 45
I like to listen to mine whenever it is possible and during school and overnight, they get a good helping of pink noise.

Jun 6, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #15 of 45
Burn-in is true. I personally experienced it with my 225's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back