Do You Browse Head-Fi at Work?
Mar 3, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #31 of 41
I pretty much only am here during work hours
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #32 of 41
I voted no because as of a couple of weeks ago the filter at work started blocking the site. I still browse through google translator, but it's less than ideal trying to figure out what a page written in English then translated from Spanish to English is saying.

Stupid filter. And the reason it gives for blocking the site is "chat".

arrrghhhh...

Mar 3, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #33 of 41
Yes. Until it is blocked, I suppose. Funny thing though, I find I am more productive when I am able to spend 10 minutes a day on this site.
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #36 of 41
Used to at work, but head-fi is a BLOCKED SITE now. Maybe I should complete the eform requesting access to the site for work related reasons.
biggrin.gif

I asked one of our IT people and they said it was probably because the content had changed on head-fi. He assured me it wasn't due to the fact that I was in the site quite a "few" times.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #38 of 41
I'll substitute school for work here since I'm a student. I would go on Head-Fi but it's blocked for some reason
mad.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #39 of 41
Do you guys think that your work can monitor the web/Head-Fi activies? For those in IT, is that commonly done?

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
Do you guys think that your work can monitor the web/Head-Fi activies? For those in IT, is that commonly done?

They can and they do.

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #41 of 41
Yep, it's likely that they can and do monitor ALL your online activities at work. Which means don't check your gmail if you don't want them to have your password or see the mushy "I miss you" mail from your wife. Don't check iloveguns.com forums if you don't want them to read about the new 45 you just purchased.

If you type it or read it on a work computer, your employer can read it too. Keep that in mind and stick to the things you don't really care about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back