Do you believe you've reached the peak? Let us know of the peak gear!
Jun 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Just like the title says, let us know of what setup you have that you believe cannot get any higher.  Maybe this wasn't such a great Idea as STAX would most likely come up frequently, but I hope to be surprised.  You don't have to think you've reached it, but think it's the best setup you've ever had is warranted.  Show off your setup with pictures if you like.  
etysmile.gif

Ok, mines.  Current setup:  Well mastered tracks > computer > ODAC > O2 > Hidition NT-6 CIEMs

Previously owned Cans setup:  Well mastered tracks > computer > ODAC >  2 channel Beta 22 > HiFiMan HE-6

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #2 of 4
Well I don't know if I have "reached the peak of audio nirvana" but can say this: The M & G stack I have with the Audeze LCD3 (C) and the Silver Widow cable sounds really awesome. And day in and day out for the many hundreds of hours I have listening to this system have all been a really beautiful listening experience. Someday maybe try some other equipment but for now it just sounds so good that I just listen and be happy with it all. It's all good for me for now. Yeah I don't have 20 grand tied up in my gear but so what? Definitely not slumming either...

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 4
I think my DAC/Amp + T1/Silver Widow setup could be well near the very peak of 2014. I have JH16Pro CIEMS on an IBasso HDP R10 and they don't come near the cans setup in terms of resolution and extension. I'm sure the future holds more though..

Jun 23, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 4

See the other thread on this very same topic. There will never be a "peak" when it comes to gear--only a peak for one's budget. Companies will be happy to produce "better" gear and take your money until the end of time. If chasing better and better gear is the only (or primary) reason you're in this hobby, it's time to get out before you get divorced and/or become homeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back