Do you always use your best stuff?
Aug 28, 2004 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 32
Since I never know what tomorrow might bring I always use the best.
What use is not using something?
confused.gif

Aug 28, 2004 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by BowerR64
Do you always use your best stuff or do you put the miles on the second favorite and keep the best put away somewhere?

I sold my second and third systems once my present system was together. They were all good but I started hearing to many things I didnt like in the others once my present system was together. So yes I use my best stuff.

Aug 28, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 32
I only have one system for Home and One for portable use
What's the point of using second and third best systems?
Once you find the right combo for you, you should rightfully dump the other systems.
They will only collect dust and reduce in value.

Kunwar

Aug 28, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #7 of 32
Since I have three phones (Ety ER4, Senn HD580, and Beyer DT531) that I like about equally and is good for different types of music, I use them interchangeably, so in a way I have more than one "best stuff"...

Aug 28, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 32
one more portable, one for home. if i ever upgrade, i'll sell the item it replaces in the chain.

Aug 28, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #9 of 32
I look at my gear (and only my gear, not borrowed from others) with one point for its time with me, which is to play music and thats it.

for this reason I never ever baby my stuff, If I want to use the ps-1's as portables then they are coming with me. If I want the ps-1 in the jacuzzi then they better get there swimming shorts on cause they are caming with me.

of course the sound advantage of the ps-1 in the jacuzzi is almost non existent, so thats why I prefer the sr-80's just to get that grado sound.
no I have never done the ps-1 in the jacuzzi and probably never will

Aug 28, 2004 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 32
I base my gear usage purely on which is best suited for the time, not by any kind of ranking system. If I wanna hear what's going on around me, pick up the Grado's; if not, Sony EX51's are good; and if I don't want other people to know I'm listening to music and I wanna hear them at the same time, MX300's are best. No need for ranking the headphones, since they all are #1 in their primary usage.

Aug 28, 2004 at 5:45 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
I look at my gear (and only my gear, not borrowed from others) with one point for its time with me, which is to play music and thats it.

for this reason I never ever baby my stuff, If I want to use the ps-1's as portables then they are coming with me. If I want the ps-1 in the jacuzzi then they better get there swimming shorts on cause they are caming with me.

of course the sound advantage of the ps-1 in the jacuzzi is almost non existent, so thats why I prefer the sr-80's just to get that grado sound.
no I have never done the ps-1 in the jacuzzi and probably never will

Argh I almost forgot about that Grado Jacuzzi thing
eek.gif

Aug 28, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #13 of 32
I always use my best stuff because I can't afford a second system
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2004 at 6:23 PM Post #14 of 32
In my case, it's not "the best stuff," but what's most appropriate for the type of music I'm listening to. An excpetion would be a new addition to my collection be it heaphone, amp, etc. In that case, I'll listen to the new gear almost exclusively.

Aug 28, 2004 at 6:46 PM Post #15 of 32
My best stuff is my only stuff. Because I recently bought a new pair of HD 650's I now have an old pair of HD 600's which I am holding on to. I bought new ear pads for them and I just ordered a pair of Senn. woodies as well. It needed new grills and I was curious on how the gear from headphile sounds.

http://www.headphile.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back