Do we have a new "Best Headphone of all Time?"
Nov 7, 2005 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Mercuttio

Key Conspirator in the Quest to Murder Music
I'll let you check these badboys out and decide on your own...

The greatest headphone ever.

Good luck buying a pair... I plan to purchase them all.

Nov 7, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 13
i tend to like Macally's products, as they are generally cheap and very functional, but i'm not going to hold my breath with that one.
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 13
I've got one of their mice that has lasted for years, and I suspect it'll outlast the computer I've got it hooked up to. This makes me question their current product direction though...

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 13
Looks nice but to me, operationally seems quite silly as well.
What is the point of plugging your IPOD nano into the side of your head? (LOL)
Once its there, you cant control (see the screen) it anymore!
And if you would actually like to see what you are doing (which I tend to enjoy, especially when im decding on what id like to listen to) you have take the thing out-which stops the headphones from playing!
No offense here, but if this is the only way this product operates...meaning, there is no way to just plug an extrenal jack into the IPOD, this could be one of the poorest designed products I have ever come across.
Maybe I have to go read the description of the product again...
blink.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #9 of 13
A driver replacement with one of the decent low end koss drivers could be cool... and no cable upgrade to worry about.
tongue.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #10 of 13
mercuttio: you'd have be really pretty damn inept to make a mouse that breaks. The first mouse I ever used is still working perfectly well. As is the 1984-vintage PC XT it was connected to, according to the reports of the current owner. It's even easier with optical mice, since they don't have any moving parts.

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of a mouse that wore out, only ones that were broken by abuse / accidents.

Nov 7, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWill
mercuttio: you'd have be really pretty damn inept to make a mouse that breaks. The first mouse I ever used is still working perfectly well. As is the 1984-vintage PC XT it was connected to, according to the reports of the current owner. It's even easier with optical mice, since they don't have any moving parts.

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of a mouse that wore out, only ones that were broken by abuse / accidents.

I've been through 2 mice in 2 months.
#1) Baby spit gooey saliva in the scroll wheel, dissolving the plastic and making the wheel too gunky to spin. I think that qualifies as abuse.

#2) BIG mistake buying refurb from buy.com or whoever that was - they didn't include a freaking battery clip in there, i used tinfoil before i said screw it and tossed it in the bottom of my junkbox. it wasn't even worth dealing with those guys to get it replaced.

#3) just went to Staples and bought one. it rules. end of story.

Nov 7, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #12 of 13
Ive broken the scroll wheel on an optical mouse before, but thats about it. The mouse I have now is awesome and very durable. I slam it against the desk whenever I get flustrated, and it can really take a beating (its a Logitech Mx310 if you are curious)

Back to the headphones...if you have to take the cans off to change a song thats really poor design. They look pretty cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back