do Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10vi have a "memory wire" in the cable? can they be worn over the ear?
Nov 3, 2008 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ChicagoPhil

100+ Head-Fier
i will be getting an iphone soon, and am looking at the various in ear monitors that have a microphone integrated in the cable.

it appears that both the Etymotic hf2 and Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5vi have "plain" cables that are primarily meant to hang straight down. is this the case with the Triple.Fi 10vi? i had thought that the regular Triple.Fi had some form of memory wire for over the ear wearing, but is this how the microphone integrated cables are designed as well?

can any of these still be worn comfortably over the ear? will the mic still be in a useable location?

thanks,
phil

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #3 of 6
are you saying the standard TF 10 has the memory wire, or both standard and 10vi (which has the mic in the cable) have the memory wire?

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
both of them do? why would one have it and one not?

that's what i'm trying to determine. they added a microphone, so the cable is not identical. given the placement of the mic, i'm wondering if they still incorporated a memory wire or not.

the pictures on the UE site show the cable run both ways, but i'm not sure how you'd run the cable straight down if there is a memory wire built in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back