Do U Agree With This?
Dec 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Empirial

New Head-Fier
Guys,

Could you please go through this Smartphone AQ test done by Engadget & tell me whether you agree with results or not?

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/02/iphone-vs-rivals-audio-tests/

Regards.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Guys,
Could you please go through this Smartphone AQ test done by Engadget & tell me whether you agree with results or not?
Link: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/02/iphone-vs-rivals-audio-tests/
Regards.

I can't disagree. The only reason why my US SGS (and probably my US SGSIII too) are a lot better than any iPhone in practice is mostly because of SDCards, which allows me to stuff a lot of lossless files into an SDCard while apps are in the internal storage. When I loaded mine with 256kbps MP3 that my friend's iPhone had, the SGS sounds a bit lean by comparison. If I had a 32gb iPhone though I'd just load it with 16gb of VBR.

Also there's that graph on the response where the SGS3 rolls off sooner at the bass, and my first impression when I got it using my MEE M6P was, "wow, the bass isn't as bloated as the original SGS." Meaning the M6 as advertised was designed with more bass and the SGS3's roll off actually offset that; and to be fair to the original SGS, I really liked it with my brother's Westone2.

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #6 of 6
The HTC One X + is said to be an excellent all-arounder. And it's also less expensive than the iPhone 5G in the matching capacity (64gb internal, no expansion). Plus, the lower volume issue on the One X was done away with on the One X +,... If I didn't luv my Nokia Lumia 920 so much (we just had an update that added volume leveling & boosted music playback volume as well,...) I'd have waited for the One X + myself. It's a sweet piece of tech!!! :cool:

Besides, if the HTC One X scored so well on the GSMArena tests, and the update is better - WooHoo!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back