Do too many "burn in" threads burn your brain out?
Jan 31, 2002 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Beagle

His body's not a canvas, and he wasn't raised by apes.
Is it possible? I think it's happening to me. Or is it me adjusting to them?

Help!

Jan 31, 2002 at 4:11 AM Post #3 of 18
burn in threads are a form of brain burn in. instead of adapting slowly to the intellectual level and audio-metaphysics of head-fi, by reading only 10 burn in threads, you can give your mind a head starts and all the other threads will suddenly make sense to you

Jan 31, 2002 at 5:53 AM Post #4 of 18
frankly i'm getting tired of a lot of the same old discussions, like burn in, popping up all the time. it seems the popularity of the site (and headphones in general) is growing, but the industry can't keep up so we keep chatting about the same junk over and over. and each time we discuss a topic over, we take one step further into the realm of audiophile voodoo.

Jan 31, 2002 at 10:53 AM Post #7 of 18
well we used to be like "use the bloody search you -peeep- -peeep- @$#@% n00b!"

much more civilised now, but pointing to the search function, perhaps putting an extra large oversize button in the frontpage, should help some.

Jan 31, 2002 at 11:12 AM Post #8 of 18
Once people have had their fill of graphs/roll of/dynamics/bright/dark/best this/worst that,etc .
The brain has temporary burn OUT and this is counteracted by
nougat polls and such like untill the brain has been reset ready
for the next bout of AKG roll off Vs Senn roll off etc.
Methinks
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2002 at 2:41 PM Post #9 of 18
Yea, I don't mind these nonsense threads and polls, afterall, what are forums for?
biggrin.gif

It would get boring and a lot of people would lose interest after a while if it weren't for the every so often time killing threads for people to joke around and take their mind off things to...

Jan 31, 2002 at 3:14 PM Post #10 of 18
I dunno, If I want to take my mind off things I go somewhere else? There are a lot people on these boards with a great sense of humor and say things that are very funny without having to create all kinds of stupid polls and stuff. Ans I don't really think those nonsense threads are very funny anyway (IMHO).

Jan 31, 2002 at 3:36 PM Post #11 of 18
Well I meant to include the ridiculous replies in normal threads as well. I don't find the filler threads funny either, it's just something different, escape from the regular stuff. Makes you want to think of something funny to reply with on other threads.

Jan 31, 2002 at 3:40 PM Post #12 of 18
It,s the nougat threads spontaneous nature that cracks me up.
If some peoples humour is easier/better than others..
So be it.

I personaly enjoy a blend of info and fun.
So I am with Audio on that one
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2002 at 7:47 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

There are a lot people on these boards with a great sense of humor and say things that are very funny without having to create all kinds of stupid polls and stuff

Yeah, and the only problem is is that you go into a thread with a valid title on something you are interested in, only to find 50 of the 70 posts are people sharing some personal joke.

This way, you know before you go in. But you went in anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back