Do these Shure E2c look fake to you.
May 30, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they are fakes, it's hard to tell. But they are E2g's, not E2c. E2c's are clear and more rounded.

As far as I know, E2cs and E2gs use exactly the same driver housings.

May 30, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 11
E2's are good for voice. Music not so much... but if you want some cheap and you wont miss if you break or lose then these are the way to go. E3's and E4's are much better sounding but much more expensive.
smily_headphones1.gif

For $40 and he offers closeup pics I'd so go for it.

May 30, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #8 of 11
Ask him for close-up pics. Specifically the 90 degree TRS plug. Real Shures have the date code stamped on the plug. If theres no date code on the plug its definitely a fake. Ask him for pics of the carry-case. Real shures have a semi-hard, fabric covered zipper case. It looks like a round dough nut, and is the size of a black hockey puck. If it comes with any other kind of case chances are its a fake.

Does he have a www site or ebay store? Take a look at some of the other items he sells. Does he sell the clear version e2c? If he does, ask for pics of that. The clear version e2c should ONLY have the right side IEM half molded in black. If BOTH R and L sides are half/black, that e2c is a fake... and chances are the other e2cs he sells are fakes.

If he sells other brand fakes (sony MDR-EX, sennheiser MX...etc...), chances are the e2c is a fake.

May 31, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viiper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On trader for $40, listed as OEM

What do you guys think?

Do you have a link?

Are they used?

If they are said to be new, I would be cautious. $40 for new E2's is not very likely, unless the vendor wants to lose money.

All of the points raised in response are accurate. Do your homework or you might regret it.

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #11 of 11
I found some fake E2s on my last trip to Hong Kong. They are almost indistinguishable from the real thing upon looks alone. If you pick them up though, you can tell that the cable is different. It's much softer. Even the "pod" and the plug are made of softer, rubbery plastic. No numerical stamp on the plug, of course. The wax filters are permanently glued on and are made of a papery-like material. So if anyone is suspecting that they received a pair of fake E2s, these are the signs to look for.

Also, remember that someone selling fake items online can post images of the real thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back