Do the later shipment Ath-W5000's have a smaller headband?
May 12, 2007 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sonic32

500+ Head-Fier
Please tell me it's so. I read some comments here to the effect that the headband may have been changed to a smaller, tighter fitting design, but no definite answers. One of the main reasons I sold the W5000 was poor/loose fitting headband. If this is the case, I may order another pair.

May 12, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 8
No ideal...Maybe email Audio-Technica and ask the question?

There are definitely at least two sizes. Mine appears to be one of the smaller ones and I got mine last year.

Even though mine are the smaller version they are much looser than my Ultrasone Edition 9s.

May 12, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 8
With the help of Fitz we adjusted the fit of my W5000s.
I took and bent the ear cups out at the bottom, so they are more | head | as opposed to \ head /
We then bent them at the top to adjust for my smaller head
sonics were helped alot

May 12, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 8
This year pricejapan shipment. Okay out of the box, much better after headband bending. Can't compare to tell if it is big or small size, probably small.

May 12, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #7 of 8
Mine were bought new in Hong Kong a month ago, and they had a pretty loose fit (I consider myself having a pretty standard sized head).
I did some (read: _a lot_ of) bending at the very top of the headband and they went from sounding thin and extremely rolled off in the lows to sounding oooh so sweet.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for the reply guys. I noticed Audio-Technica words their US sold W5000 as an "export version", wonder if that's the got a different headband? Probably wouldn't matter since it can be ordered so much cheaper from Japan. Anyway, I am going to contact AT to see if they have a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back