Do the Klipsch Image X10's require burn in?
Aug 13, 2009 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

andrew3199

500+ Head-Fier
Do the Klipsch Image X10's require burn in? Please! Someone tell me they do!! I received the X10's from Amazon this evening and after a couple of hours with them I feel very disappointed. Listening to "Alanis morissette-Jagged little Pill acoustic" the only way to explain it is that I feel as if the vocals are being overwhelmed by the bass or the vocals are not as prominent as they should be, it's like they are sucked out. the same album and amp with the Ety ER4s the vocals are just perfect with just the right amount of bass (Yes the Ety's have bass)
I'm going to give them a few hours burn in anyway just to see if they improve.
keep your eyes on the F/S forums for some as new X10's....
wink_face.gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #2 of 7
As BA drivers, no burn in is necessary, but sometimes BAs even change with time. I owned a pair of X10s (just sold them on ebay) and really liked them, but didn't need them. Have you tried all the tips? Also, while it involves added expense, I also liked them with some P Series Comply foamies, or the T130 Complys too.

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 7
No, the X10's don't show any difference with burn-in. This is speaking from them being BA drivers, and also because I have some and they sound about the same as when I got them.

You didn't mention what your source is. In my experience, the X10's scale really well with the source. A headphone amplifier makes a very large difference with them.

The bass could be dominant because your ears and brain are used to the Ety's. Maybe listen to the X10's for a while and see how you like them after time. After having mine for a few months they sound well balanced to me.

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #7 of 7
Hmm, this sounds similar to my initial experiences with the Klipsch Custom 3. Somewhat muddy sound, details didnt stand out and I overall thought it was terrible. But I think my perception of them changed after listening to them for a few days and now I enjoy them. Very weird, I wish there was an explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back