do the er6i need burn in?
Dec 20, 2006 at 8:31 AM Post #2 of 6
The general consensus is that balanced amature drivers don't need burn ins. It's possible though, that there may be a "cable burn in" of some sort, but it's just speculation (somewhat like burn in).

Dec 20, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Nope, I've had mine a year and they sound like the day I got them.

I believe dynamic drivers physically move when played whereas armature drivers do not...so there's nothing to break in. In either event, IEM components are so small it's not enough to make a difference. It's usually a case more of you liking the IEM's better over time...more of a mental thing.

I mean, really....if burn in were true why would it ALWAYS be assumed that the burn-in would result in an improved sound and not wear and tear?

Dec 22, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 6
i just made a post about this. i've noticed a sound improvement in mine very recently. the sound is a lot more clear, as clear as all the reviews describe. when i got this a month ago, i was a bit dissapointed with the er6i. it really wasn't as clear as i thought it would be. but lately i've noticed a sound improvement. so my answer is: yes, quite possibly.

Dec 22, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottymac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just made a post about this. i've noticed a sound improvement in mine very recently. the sound is a lot more clear, as clear as all the reviews describe. when i got this a month ago, i was a bit dissapointed with the er6i. it really wasn't as clear as i thought it would be. but lately i've noticed a sound improvement. so my answer is: yes, quite possibly.

It is also quite possible that your ears might get used to this sound now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back