do sr-60's need burn in?
Mar 12, 2005 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ARoach

100+ Head-Fier
thanks guys.

you've been much help.

i ordered them yestrerday and should be receivin' them nxt week.
600smile.gif

Mar 12, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 7
Congratulations on your purchase, ARoach! As far as burn-in goes, just put them on and enjoy........if these are your first Grados, you're in for a treat!
Whether or not they improve with burn-in is a matter of opinion around here...........but John Grado says they do improve with use, so I'll take him at his word.
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 7
I definitely didn't want to suggest you don't listen to them before they burn in, they'll still sound fine. It's just that Grados really open up over time with burn in, and that's the "real" sound you'll ultimately hear.

Mar 12, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 7
...most will tell you yes, however my non-burned in SR60s sound amazing, I can not imagine them sounding any better. I do not know though how consistant across the line grados are, meaning i do not know if a particlular headphone may be better new than others...quartz watches for example can have unique samples that stand out among the rest..(I have a Swatch watch from 1985 that even today keeps time to within 5 seconds per year...astonishing among the quartz watch world. it is what could be called a "fluke"....maybe some headphones could be flukes sound wise...an interesting thread discussion potential I think....

Mar 12, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #7 of 7
I didn't notice it on my sr60s
However this was pre-head-fi and I wasn't looking for it.

OTOH, my MS2i changed dramatically after it was burnt in.

But whatever the case, sr60s are some nice cans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back