Do small foldable durable headphones exist?
Apr 25, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #16 of 24
I gave the PX100 to my second-cousin for his seventh birthday about a year ago and they go pretty much everywhere with him. He isn't easy on his stuff, but the PX100 are still working just fine.
icon10.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 7:51 AM Post #17 of 24
Written in the thread mentioned above
So if I wore the PX100 and somebody was a metre a way, would they be able to identify the song I'm listening to, or hear any of the mids? Just curious. Also I would be able to hear someone talking to me due to their open supra-aural design, right?

Thanks. I am leaning towards the PX100
Written in the thread mentioned above

Apr 25, 2006 at 8:38 AM Post #18 of 24
People around you aren't likely to hear what you're listening to... there isn't that much spill. But you can hear what's going on around you. PX-100s wouldn't be good on a subway or loud places.

See ya
Steve

Apr 25, 2006 at 9:44 AM Post #19 of 24
What about the AT FC-7s? I have a pair, they sound pretty good for the price and are foldable, but not to quite as small a size as the px100s...

Apr 25, 2006 at 12:07 PM Post #21 of 24
I am thoroughly impressed with the KSC75 and I think they sound better than the PX100 which can sound bloated at time (I owned and used both extensively). Perhaps if you don't like clip ons then maybe the Porta pros?

Apr 25, 2006 at 2:18 PM Post #22 of 24
Another recommendation for the PX100's, they look and feel kind of delicate when you get them, but they seem pretty robust in use.

I am about 100 hours of use/burn in with mine and they are still improving.

Simon

Apr 27, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #23 of 24
sportapros are damn durable, sounds good to my lowly un-audiophile ears, and people here seem to like koss (not as much as PP or ksc75 however).

having said that, Im really tempted by these philips headphones http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

actually, a lot of the philips looks really good n cheap. since im in mexico rite now, i'll probably wind up buying up a bunch of philips headphones once i get back home.

good luck with your search, im a big fan of el-cheapo headphones and im also looking for durable, foldable headphones that sounds decent. keep us posted if u find something good.

Jul 14, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #24 of 24
I heard the Koss sportapros are pretty portable..I just ordered a pair and they should be here tomorrow (I know I've probably mentioned that a hundred times in this forum by now
smily_headphones1.gif
)

However, I have a pair of Philips hl150 foldable over the ear headphones that I got for 10 bucks. Very durable cord and headphones. They even add rubber to hold the cords into the headphones. I once had another pair of these headphones that I yanked on very hard and the cord actually broke in two (keep in mind an extremly hard pull with a lot of force) and yet the rubber things kept the wires in the drivers.

I thought this was very durable so I bought another pair to use outside when I don't care what happens to them (lost stolen broken, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back