Do small foldable durable headphones exist?
Apr 24, 2006 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

XenoX101

Head-Fier
Hey all,

Been a while since I've posted. Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this dilemma of mine.

I've been wanting some headphones that are small, foldable and durable for quite some time now but I haven't managed to find just what I'm looking for (maybe I'm not looking in the right places?).

Well, does anyone here know of some small durable headphones that I can hopefuly fold up and chuck in my pocket? They must be durable due to daily beat-up and they must be small to fit in my pocket, but they must also exist :p. Anyone know of such things?

Thanks.

Oh and I normally dislike earbuds, but I might give them a go if they'll agree with my ears (shure don't
frown.gif
)

Apr 24, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 24
I'll third the PX100's, they look kind of flimsy but when you get your hands on them they are anything but.

Apr 24, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #5 of 24
stuff into your pocket... IMHO you can rule out a portapro or KSC75. Unless your pockets are really baggy cargo pants or the likes.

E888 perhaps?... although I wouldnt haphazardly cram them into my pants pockets. Sony's have very thin wires that can damage easily... if you just cram them in a pocket.

Im actually going to recommend OEM ibuds or the likes. Maybe an MX400?

Garrett

Apr 24, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #8 of 24
Another nod to the PX 100. I managed to snap one arm off in a drunken stupor, but they are of fair build quality. The thing I like about them is how they look kinda' cheap and tacky(kind of puts off attention).

Apr 25, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #12 of 24
I bought the PX100 for a friend as a matter of fact (he payed for them, I chose them for him) and I was thinking about them, though they appeared to be somewhat delicate, however I never actually tested this theory :p.

If you guys are right, then its a toss between these and the AKG K 26 P.

The Koss seem nice however I've had a pair of KSC75 and while they sound amazing for the price/size, to put it simply I want something different :p. Also the two-cord Y set-up with both headphones seperate to eachother was a bit unpleasent for me as I like things simple (one cord, one pair of headphones that are kept together somehow :p).

I've posted a thread in regards to the music I listen with these two headphones in question right here

Apr 25, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #13 of 24
PX-100s are more balanced than the Koss. But if you want that boom-boom lowrider car bass, go with Koss.

See ya
Steve

Apr 25, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #14 of 24
PX100. Good warm sound. Mines have two years of heavy use (every day. Fold and unfold several times).
A month ago I changed the pads because lost one.

Cheers

Apr 25, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by XenoX101
I bought the PX100 for a friend as a matter of fact (he payed for them, I chose them for him) and I was thinking about them, though they appeared to be somewhat delicate, however I never actually tested this theory :p....

Though I wouldn't recommend it, I sometimes carry my PX100 in my back pocket, and it's still in great condition (and I've had it since about the time of the PX100's launch).

The PX100 is very durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back