do sennheiser's come with a (good) warranty?
Jan 29, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 23
I broke my hd595. Sent to them with copy of receipt. Got back a new pair in a blink.

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 23
My HD280s broke; I sent them in for repair/replacement in December, didn't get them back for a month. In the meantime I got my HD580s so I haven't listened to the newly-replaced 280s at all, haha.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdelayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My HD280s broke; I sent them in for repair/replacement in December, didn't get them back for a month. In the meantime I got my HD580s so I haven't listened to the newly-replaced 280s at all, haha.

hey! my 280's driver busted and I filed a "return" on their website like 5 days ago, but haven't gotten around to sending them out yet.

what exactly is the process? I just put that sticker on the box when i send the phones? and how do i know they recieved them and/or that they will repair them or sent new ones to me?

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #7 of 23
You can log into their repair tracking site here: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...k-open-new.asp

Use the username and password you gave when filing the repair request.

As far as repair process, you slap the sticker on a box (or, do what I did and write the address and RA number on the box because I don't have a printer), put the headphones in, and ship it out. When you log into the tracking site, it'll say that they've arrived. Then you call them a bunch of times and they eventually send you a new pair. Have fun breaking the new ones in :X

Jan 29, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

You can log into their repair tracking site here: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...k-open-new.asp

Use the username and password you gave when filing the repair request.

As far as repair process, you slap the sticker on a box (or, do what I did and write the address and RA number on the box because I don't have a printer), put the headphones in, and ship it out. When you log into the tracking site, it'll say that they've arrived. Then you call them a bunch of times and they eventually send you a new pair. Have fun breaking the new ones in :X

haha thanks! actually while the 280's will be out, I will be recieving my grado sr60's, so hopefully I won't be missing the 280's enough to want to burn them in anytime soon.
280smile.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #9 of 23
Yeah, you'll have something new and you won't touch the HD280s, haha. Meanwhile, while mine were out, I got used to the (eek) iBuds. Which was actually kind of nice because I was particularly blown away when my HD580s arrived.
580smile.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

I sent mine off around the turn of the year, I phoned them last week to ask them when I would be getting them back, they said they dont get more stock in till feb.6th
Luckily im not missing them, I have the hd595's now, so im not sure whether I will use the hd280's at all when I get a new pair back.

Jan 30, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #11 of 23
I had my pair of used HD595's stepped on and I sent them off to sennheiser for a repair job, but they told me they were still under warranty and sent me a brand new pair in a little over a week.

Jan 30, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by fivefanband /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had my pair of used HD595's stepped on and I sent them off to sennheiser for a repair job, but they told me they were still under warranty and sent me a brand new pair in a little over a week.

no offense or anything, but cases like these make me wonder where the line is between a real claim and a "oh-i-screwed-up-modding-so-i'll-abuse-sennheiser" claim. It's nothing personal, it's just that I've seen a LOT of people online who abuses these claims from companies, especially computer parts ones..

Jan 30, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #13 of 23
Can't beat the Koss lifetime warranty....

just sayin'

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #14 of 23
Does anyone know if I can send my cans back to senn. for repair even if I don't have the receipt? They are only a month old. Is there anyway for them to tell that they are not yet past the 2 yr warranty?

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #15 of 23
You need a proof of purchase; if you purchased them from an online retailer like Amazon, you can print out an invoice; if you purchased them from a brick and mortar store and paid with a credit card you might be able to get a copy of the receipt. (IIRC Circuit City and others do this.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back