Do portable amps eq?
Apr 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JeffJeffery

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of ATH-M50 and love listening to them on my computer because I have a beats (I know) equalizer program on my computer that I love.  It gets me a ton of bass and I love the way my music sounds.  I have also listened to them on my iPod touch and was not as thrilled.  I tried using the eq on my iPod but I don't think it worked with the app I was using.  When I was in the normal itunes music app I could hear a difference when eq'ed but it was no where near as good as my computer.  So I was thinking of looking for a cheaper portable amp that I could eq the bass up on it.  I don't know if they do such a thing.  What I would like is one that is not to big or fancy, but can do some eq.  Not sure if it is possible but not run on batteries.  And needs to work with my iPod touch.  I would like to spend less than 50, but as low as possible, I have no idea the price range on these, if I'm way off on price let me know and give me some that would do what I want with their prices.  Thanks so much.

Apr 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I bought a pair of ATH-M50 and love listening to them on my computer because I have a beats (I know) equalizer program on my computer that I love.  It gets me a ton of bass and I love the way my music sounds.  I have also listened to them on my iPod touch and was not as thrilled.  I tried using the eq on my iPod but I don't think it worked with the app I was using.  When I was in the normal itunes music app I could hear a difference when eq'ed but it was no where near as good as my computer.  So I was thinking of looking for a cheaper portable amp that I could eq the bass up on it.  I don't know if they do such a thing.  What I would like is one that is not to big or fancy, but can do some eq.  Not sure if it is possible but not run on batteries.  And needs to work with my iPod touch.  I would like to spend less than 50, but as low as possible, I have no idea the price range on these, if I'm way off on price let me know and give me some that would do what I want with their prices.  Thanks so much.

The Fiio E11 has two levels of bass boost and runs a little over $50 off Amazon. If possible try to find the package sold by Micca with an extra battery and charger for the same price as the amp alone.

Review of the E11: http://www.headfonia.com/fiio-e11-portable-amplifier/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back