DO NOT SELL TO USER 'assss' HE IS A KNOWN SCAMMER!
Dec 26, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #46 of 59
Quote:
Are people sending as a gift to avoid Paypal fees? Doesn't seem worth it if you don't personally know the person.

Yes, as a buyer, sending money via PayPal gift is a terrible idea unless you know and trust the person.  Just eat the 3% fee (or split it with the seller) for the insurance.

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #47 of 59

Quote:
Yes, as a buyer, sending money via PayPal gift is a terrible idea unless you know and trust the person.  Just eat the 3% fee (or split it with the seller) for the insurance.

Agreed

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #48 of 59
Hi there,

Well he is definitely a scam artist. I've purchased same MacBook Air on 8-th of December. Haven't received any messages from him regarding tracking.

Yeah, lesson is learned. Never ever send payment via paypal as a gift to unknown people... 

I hope that there is Karma after all and that "fellow" will get what he deserves.

I'll report him to head-fi moderators.

What a way to start a New Year
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Hi Head Fi'ers,

I would like to chime in on another situation - I am looking to get your opinion on a situation regarding a head fi'er who goes by the name Anacondastan.

I recently purchased a Macbook Air 13" from him on December 10th. Prior to the purchase of the Macbook Air, I was interested in another item he had for sale, the Macbook pro. I was haggling with him on price and he completely lost his cool and became angry.
<..>

Anyway, I don't want to take this completely public just yet (but I certainly will and will not go down without a fight and full on smear campaign), so PM would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Skoog

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #49 of 59

Did you pay him via credit card? That is your best bet of getting your money back. I sure hope you didn't use your Bank Account. I don't think the bank is as likely to help you out as a credit card company is...
Quote:
Hi there,

Well he is definitely a scam artist. I've purchased same MacBook Air on 8-th of December. Haven't received any messages from him regarding tracking.

Yeah, lesson is learned. Never ever send payment via paypal as a gift to unknown people... 

I hope that there is Karma after all and that "fellow" will get what he deserves.

I'll report him to head-fi moderators.

What a way to start a New Year
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #50 of 59
To the buyers that got screwed by "assss", that sucks and may 2012 bring less wallet green falling victim to scams.

I don't see why folks who sell things here just sell it as is plus shipping, or all inclusive.  The whole "$xxx+3% PP or gift, + shipping" is just annoying to save a few bucks. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #51 of 59
Thanks for advice, but unfortunately, I've paid using funds from paypal balance.

Major failure for me. Anyway, one lives and learns from his mistakes. 

Quote:
Did you pay him via credit card? That is your best bet of getting your money back. I sure hope you didn't use your Bank Account. I don't think the bank is as likely to help you out as a credit card company is...

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #52 of 59

Quote:
To the buyers that got screwed by "assss", that sucks and may 2012 bring less wallet green falling victim to scams.

I don't see why folks who sell things here just sell it as is plus shipping, or all inclusive.  The whole "$xxx+3% PP or gift, + shipping" is just annoying to save a few bucks. 

That's a funny way of putting it. Screwed by "assss". That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. 
smile.gif
 All fun aside, I would just pass on the 3% fee to the buyer as it is protection for them anyway.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #57 of 59
Now, lets get serious.
Is there any way to get IPs of those scammers, afterwards contacting they ISP and report them to authorities ? If of course they were posting from their home.

Or even is there a law in US regarding fraud which involves non-US citizens ?

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #59 of 59
I always split the paypay fees with the  buyer/seller, propably the best thing to do. I've been burnt as well.

Maybe everyone on head-fi should embargo china/hong kong. It's propably for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back