Do not fly with your cMoy amp
Aug 12, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by thekid22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was only saved because the head of airport security said that his son makes amps like this and believed my story.

What are the odds..
smile_phones.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #18 of 27
op: sounds like you were patient and polite and helpful. great job.

when i go through security i always unplug my alo jumbo cryo from hornet and ipod.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #19 of 27
Imagine trying to explain your way out of that if you had stored a few spare sticks of gum in the tin!
eek.gif

Fair play though as they were on the ball and at least checked that it was not terrorist material, so well done to those employees!
beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by edart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fair play though as they were on the ball and at least checked that it was not terrorist material, so well done to those employees!
beerchug.gif

Not really, he wasnt stopped till he got off the plane hypothetically if it had been a detonator he would have had more than enough time to do his worst.

Aug 13, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by No Smoking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really, he wasn't stopped till he got off the plane hypothetically if it had been a detonator he would have had more than enough time to do his worst.

I realized that after I'd made that post
confused_face(1).gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by edart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imagine trying to explain your way out of that if you had stored a few spare sticks of gum in the tin!
eek.gif

LOL, I can imagine how sticks of gum can be confused with something else
icon10.gif

Gum, and a Cmoy deton- err I mean amp, oh my.

Aug 13, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #23 of 27
makes me wonder if I would have problems with my Tomahawk, I think I'll take the manual just in case.

Aug 13, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #24 of 27
Real reason not to fly with your CMOY:

Our security people are morons who learned what a detonator is from watching movies instead of any knowledge of bombs, electronics, or anti-terrorism.

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #27 of 27
I had this happen several times over the years with my custom made electronics. In the 80s you should have seen what kind of stuff I lugged onto airplanes!! The last time that happened with custom made battery packs for my portable DAT recording gear in the mid 90s, well before 911. They took an interest in my mikes several times, and.... playing cards in a plastic box (solid like a bomb, maybe?). These days I keep it simple and well organized in my bag as I want to get there and not get held up in security. My custom molded ER4s plug directly into my ipod, works fine, sometimes an Airhead amp if I feel I need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back