DO NOT BUY FROM - Anacondastan (he is a scammer)
Dec 25, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #16 of 39
So sorry, Skoog. Contact his local PD and inform of the deal. Stan Ferrer probably has a sheet and they will tell you non-specific info on his priors. You can get his priors off of Intelius for $50. I can get his priors from a friend for free, but he's deployed right now. I won't see him until June.

You only hope at this point is to out him, which you've begun to do here. If he's reasonably clever he will simply refund you rather than see his name hit the google top ten. If you're in the States you can file a complaint with the "IC3" and probably in his local jurisdiction under "theft by deception" laws. 

The guy is obviously desperate to pull something this stupid, but he's done it before. What a POS.

There is always ripoffreport as well. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #17 of 39
Thanks STO3 - I am sorry as well. At this point I will do what I can to get the money back, but it is now becoming about the principle of this act. I don't want it to happen to others on head fi or other places so I will do what I can to bring him down. There are others working on getting more information on the guy. And thank you for the info on Intelius and how to file a complaint. I am in Japan so it is is difficult to to file one locally, but my credit card company is working with me to investigate and track him down as it is over $500. Stay tuned

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #18 of 39
if you paid by credit card... in a perfect world your CC would somehow be able to verify your claims, and proceed with reversing your payment, pulling the money out of this guy's pocket, and back to your account.

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #19 of 39

Quote:
Thanks STO3 - I am sorry as well. At this point I will do what I can to get the money back, but it is now becoming about the principle of this act. I don't want it to happen to others on head fi or other places so I will do what I can to bring him down. There are others working on getting more information on the guy. And thank you for the info on Intelius and how to file a complaint. I am in Japan so it is is difficult to to file one locally, but my credit card company is working with me to investigate and track him down as it is over $500. Stay tuned

The fact that you paid via credit card could save you. You just have to have proof that this guy agreed to the terms in your deal and provide paper trail (emails etc). You may just be fine after all, but then again credit card companies can also be very difficult to deal with in these situations and it can take a long time for you to get your money back.

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #20 of 39
OP, please clarify your payment so I know where you stand. Did you send the payment as gift? If yes, skip paypal resolution directly and contact your bank first. Reason is if you dispute via PP, PayPal may actually issue a penalty against you for circumventing their fee for purchased goods. This may affect your future account status. If you did not select gift but rather used a credit card and paid the seller fee yourself, you may choose to contact PayPal. PayPal will lock-down his account but will not make a decision until 14-30 days giving time for possible delivery. Regardless, please contact your bank/CC. Your CC (not debit) will almost always have a buyer protection against these sort of events. I just wish you had used your credit card.

You fell for a scammer who definitely knew what he was doing. The item was sold under $1000 so the police will not treat this as a felony. However as someone suggested he may have also ripped off others, therefore the consequences rise in addition to what he may have on his record.   

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #21 of 39
Hi I paid it as a gift, And I am planning on contacting my credit card company tomorrow.

Yes he is a scammer. But I have enough information on him and others are helping me out so i have no doubt he will be caught.

Quote:
OP, please clarify your payment so I know where you stand. Did you send the payment as gift? If yes, skip paypal resolution directly and contact your bank first. Reason is if you dispute via PP, PayPal may actually issue a penalty against you for circumventing their fee for purchased goods. This may affect your future account status. If you did not select gift but rather used a credit card and paid the seller fee yourself, you may choose to contact PayPal. PayPal will lock-down his account but will not make a decision until 14-30 days giving time for possible delivery. Regardless, please contact your bank/CC. Your CC (not debit) will almost always have a buyer protection against these sort of events. I just wish you had used your credit card.

You fell for a scammer who definitely knew what he was doing. The item was sold under $1000 so the police will not treat this as a felony. However as someone suggested he may have also ripped off others, therefore the consequences rise in addition to what he may have on his record.   

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #23 of 39

Quote:
Best of luck to you. Be persistent but not relentless. A good night sleep is worth more than what you paid.

Thanks and I agree ...

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #24 of 39
It's a good thing you purchased it using a credit card!  Most everybody I know (me included) has been able to get their money back from the CC company for this type of stuff.  I think the most important thing is to make sure you have proof that you don't have the item.  That shouldn't be too hard in your case as you have the messages you exchanged with the seller and you never received any shipping information.  The CC company might ask you to wait for some time to make sure it doesn't arrive in the post - so expect that.

Print out a copy of everything (emails, PMs, paypal receipts) right now!  You never know when your e based system might have an error and you CC company will probably ask you for a copy of everything.

Hope everything works out.

Dec 26, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #26 of 39
He seems legit as well based on that and his posts on head fi which is why I trusted him. But it has been over two weeks since the purchase, he didn't supply any tracking info and he hasn't answered any of my emails in over a week. So he is no longer legit he is commuting fraud which is illegal.

Besides contacting my cc company, I am sure I will get my money back because it is fraud, but I will not stop until this guy is caught and arrested. It has become more about the principle of the action than the money

In fact he has left an electronic trail and I have given that info the proper authorities where he lives along with his photo and other info.

It is just a matter of time. 

He could have just answered my email and given me a refund and I would have not started the legal process as well as the smear campaign as I also have his place of work information recently obtained. 

Dec 26, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #27 of 39
If he is lurking about following this thread he has a little time to minimize the damage and all charges will be dropped if a refund is sent. 

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #28 of 39
That is the M.O. of Stan Ferrer. He establishes some small $ sales and purchases and then when he tires or moves-on he scams a buyer. The same thing happened on ebay and another forum. He left ebay after dozens of small ($25 average) buys and sells and then hits someone for a few hundred. Same scenario here.

If you search his post history you'll see that he started a thread railing against "buyer's fees" for PP use, only to demand PP Gift from Skoog. Again, a POS that used PP Gift as a guarantee that he would not face repercussions from PP after scamming.

Of course the guy is lurking after logging out of his handle. I would give him a 5 day ultimatum. Either he returns the cash in those five-days or you go public with his name, address and photo here and on ripoffreport. As well as contacting the local PD and doing a background check for priors. I would also not wait to contact your debit/CC issuer.

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #30 of 39
That is the M.O. of Stan Ferrer. He establishes some small $ sales and purchases and then when he tires or moves-on he scams a buyer. The same thing happened on ebay and another forum. He left ebay after dozens of small ($25 average) buys and sells and then hits someone for a few hundred. Same scenario here.

On another forum a guy posted like crazy, acting like he was rich and buying and selling all sorts of equipment. He did a bunch of small successful sales/trades to get his marketplace rep up. Then he did a bunch of high price deals all at once and walked away with the merchandise. His account was banned but he came back a month later under a different name. He was easy to spot with a lot of the same mannerisms. When he got to the point of being able to trade on the marketplace I alerted the mods and he was banned again. Even active posters can be out to scam people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back