Do my Shure E4C look normal?
Oct 22, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooseppi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the sympathy Audio-Fi. Real nice to be welcomed to a new forum like that. Well, at least I know the attitude to adopt.

The logo is not a sticker.

But it seems now that they are fake.

Jooseppi, do not allow silly remarks to give you the wrong impression, 99.98% of the members here would not have responded in this manner
plainface.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #17 of 35
Regardless of whether it is a sticker or not, the logo is not accurate and is clearly a fake. Compare it to the logo on this picture:

site_image_pa_e4g_l.jpg

Among other things, the "S" is different and the "R" and "E" overlap on the actual logo.

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #18 of 35
And the size of the ear pieces suggests it houses dynamic drivers inside, not armature drivers found in authentic E4's.

I'm terribly sorry to see this happen...try contact the seller and ask for a refund. If necessary, threaten him that you would report to eBay otherwise.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooseppi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the sympathy Audio-Fi. Real nice to be welcomed to a new forum like that. Well, at least I know the attitude to adopt.

The logo is not a sticker.

But it seems now that they are fake.

I'm sorry. I'm new here too. Anyways how much did you pay for it? If it sounds like a $200 equipment to you then no worries....
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask what you paid for those? Sometimes price is a good indication of what's fake or not.

when i bought my fakes, before i was a head-fier i paid $60 for them thinking i was getting >$200 earphones for cheap

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #24 of 35
If I'm not wrong, they just stuffed a dynamic driver in the earphone and extended the nozzle to make it look legit. Some fakes are acutally pretty good, I don't know about yours. As long as it's dirt cheap, you really don't lose much.

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #25 of 35
I have to agree also...fake. Someone commented recently that the real e-4(suffix) have 2 tone housings. My e-4c's are grey(away from the wire)/white. From your pictures, I think thats a good give-away.

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #27 of 35
Hi,

In response to some of the questions raised here:

I tend to be cautious when it comes to ebaying. I went for this deal because it seemed good but not too good. The seller asked for usd90 which seemed somewhat reasonable since the next cheapest on offer were usd159. The explanation for the low price was that the retail packaging was damaged and that they only came with the buds, leather pouch and one pair of rubber sleeves, no fit kit. The seller had a decent history so I went for it. I also want to mention that the seller hadnt sold any headphones prior to this which strengthend my trust.

It seems that the seller honestly didnt know they are fake. Whether he's lying or not doesnt matter since he agreed to return the money. Thats good news but i'll have to see if he's for real.

Audio-fi, it's cool. Peace.

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #28 of 35
Well for what it means i'm glad he agreed to return your money. 90$ is not so low for fakes..

Better luck on your next purchases , and although you were careful [for the most part], remember the law: If it looks to good to be true, it probably is.

-Jo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back