Do Multiple Amazon Seller = Multiple Credit Card Transactions?
Jan 9, 2013 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AlbinoBlacMan

Head-Fier
So here's the deal. I'm going to be making a significant purchase from Amazon for a bunch of textbooks. I was just wondering if buying from multiple sellers results in multiple credit card transactions (i.e. does it show up on my credit card statement as one transaction per seller or one large amazon transaction?)

Those of you who's spending habits are monitored by a significant other might be able to guess how this head-fi related 
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #2 of 4
When you do your checkout, it should display the individual transactions in terms of what you are buying, and when you will receive your books. But, this might not matter. If Amazon is the seller, it's one transaction. If you are buying from a 3rd party seller, this will in fact be multiple transactions.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 4
For text books, Amazon usually sells them through a 3rd party. Now I went to college in 00-04, but my bill 'then' was for the individual 3rd party companies. Unless they changed it, that's what I would expect.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #4 of 4
Yep, it depends on the seller. If they are all handled (sold) by Amazon, then it will be one transaction. Since I do all my online purchases with a virtual account number generated by my CC company, and it is only good for one transactions, I have had to update orders with new numbers when there are multiple sellers that cover a single order.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back