Do ifi iUSB3.0 REclock/REgen features add lag?
Dec 10, 2017 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Shattered (Gamer)

New Head-Fier
I want to buy this product but I am unsure if it adds lag/latency. Im concerned with the "REclock/REgenerate" function. As described on website "The micro iUSB 3.0 re-clocks/re-generates/repeats USB audio datastream". I imagine the that process adds some delay. If it does add a delay is that delay noticeable?

To my understanding this feature double checks packets before sending to DAC. Eliminating packet jitter like the Jitter Bug device.

More then music alone, movies and games require the timing sync of sound and image. Also in games the need to respond off sound cues. I just want to make sure the "REclock/REgenerate" feature wont effect those things.

Here is the link to the product. https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-iusb3-0/

IFI have an older model with out the REclock/REgen feature, so Im trying to figure out which one is best.

Dec 10, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 4
I got a reply from a vendor -

They do have power only ports and sell a Y cable to split data and power. So if I do find problems with the data stuff I can still use the superior power source. Which all that I actually need is a better power source for USB audio. The other stuff is all extra.

Thats an option but is expensive and adds more wires. I would still like to know if the reclocking process Jitter Bug and IFI use add noticeable delay.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 4
There is no delay.

Thanks!!!

I bought the iDefender 3.0 USB Ground Loop Eliminator with the power supply and was really impressed with results and cant wait to buy more of their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back