Do IE8's sound better with sony or sth like clip?
Dec 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ok1907

100+ Head-Fier
I have IE8's but I don't know if they will sound better with a bassy player such as sony's s6xx/s544 or with an excellent flat sounding player such as fuze/clip/clip+. I know some guys use sony players with ie8's but both of them being bassy might destroy treble. Am I wrong about that? I have used zen x-fi but I wasn't pleased because bass wasn't there with neutral headphones. I think it would be different with ie8's but I sold it so I don't have chance to try them out. You understood what I mean. So, what do you think? And any mp3 player suggestion well-matched with ie8's? Thanks in advance.

Dec 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 6
I used my 8's with a D2+, and I have to say, they sounded great. Warm and balanced. Good bass, mids and highs. I returned the 8's though, as my mid-level UE super 5 fi pro's actually sounded more exciting...and, the 8's were impossible to get a good fit with. Maybe I just prefer the UE sig and design...? You may feel differently though and might find that the sound sig of the Cowon/8 combo is to your liking.

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the info. Btw I am from Turkey,too
biggrin.gif
And the best prices for the s638 and s639 are $140 and $190 respectively, which are kinda expensive. They are not available in ebay or in the other stores since they are discontinued.

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by adalyan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sounded best with my s639. The clear(er) sound signature of the Sony suits the IE8 better than Fuze or Clip IMO.

I haven't heard the clip but I'd second that the IE8 has very good synergy with the S730/630 series walkman and performs even better with the X1060 haha. They also sound good with the touch 2G but the sony's have a less digital sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back