Do I want an Amp/Dac for my HP50s??
Jan 29, 2017 at 12:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Amethysts

New Head-Fier
Will the NAD Viso HP50s benefit from an Amp/Da at all? I was thinking of getting the Fiio Q1 to just as a portable Amp that I could plug into my PC when at home, Will I notice an improvement in sound quality with an amp compared to my phone/PC? Is there a more suitable solution for the HP50s? 

Thanks in advanced! //

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 6
A dedicated DAC would give you much better signal to your headphones an amp would amplify that signal . The Q1 is both dac and amp so it would serve you well. Both are important for good audio but i think due to low ohm in your headphones -they dont need much amplification- a good dac will show more difference.

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 6
  Will the NAD Viso HP50s benefit from an Amp/Da at all? I was thinking of getting the Fiio Q1 to just as a portable Amp that I could plug into my PC when at home, Will I notice an improvement in sound quality with an amp compared to my phone/PC? Is there a more suitable solution for the HP50s? 

Thanks in advanced! //

Are you unhappy with your HP50?

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 6
  A dedicated DAC would give you much better signal to your headphones an amp would amplify that signal . The Q1 is both dac and amp so it would serve you well. Both are important for good audio but i think due to low ohm in your headphones -they dont need much amplification- a good dac will show more difference.

I see, thanks for the input :)

//

Users who are viewing this thread

Back