Do I try iaudio?
May 17, 2006 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Honus

100+ Head-Fier
I presently have a Zen Nano Plus. The SQ is passable. Would moving on to an iaudio G3 or U2 provide noticeably better SQ?

I know the whole "best flash player" thing has probably been discussed before, but I'm looking for comparisons to the Zen Nano.

Thanks all!

May 17, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 7
I have a Zen Nano and an iAudio 5 (Cowon flash player that uses a AAA battery ... without looking at specs, one could expect some sound similarities between the various iAudio flash players). I like them both.

The iAudio has better sound and is almost infinitely customizable. Yes, I would expect the G3 and U2 to sound better than the Zen Nano. The difference might not be amazing to you, but it should be noticeable.

May 18, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 7
Reading the document iAudio's BBE sound enhancement scheme, I'd say that iAudio SQ is pretty darn good. I also heard some tests done by a reviewer of the new iAudio 6 comparing non-BBE'd mp3 to one processed by BBE. Sounded great to me.

Oh, here's the link:

http://www.iaudiophile.net/content.php?review.66.5

You should check out the rest of the review, too. iAudio seems like a good brand to trust.

May 18, 2006 at 8:54 AM Post #5 of 7
Really, don't trust those features. I personally have an Iaudio M3. Indeed, it sound so good. However, this ONLY apply when ALL the SQ is turned off. Or else it will have so much "bizzzz....." noise that irritate me so much. The active bass and other features have the same problem. Also, I tried SRS enhanced player, and the same problem happened, for example: Samsung YPC1Z. This is a good sounding flash ONLY at normal settings. So, I would suggest you to buy Iaudio, but not because of the BBE.

May 18, 2006 at 9:47 AM Post #6 of 7
i have the u3 and like it's sound quality!
all i've read (done tons of research on it) states the sq is among the best in the flash player segment...
samsungs sq is also good i read.
the "bzzzzz.." stated above i never heard on my koss ksc75 or stock buds.
(maybe the sufipro5 u (wetsandals) used didn't go well with the u3? that would suck...)

am getting the ath-ck7 now and dreaming of the superfi pro5...
etysmile.gif

May 18, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by wetsandals
Really, don't trust those features. I personally have an Iaudio M3. Indeed, it sound so good. However, this ONLY apply when ALL the SQ is turned off. Or else it will have so much "bizzzz....." noise that irritate me so much. The active bass and other features have the same problem. Also, I tried SRS enhanced player, and the same problem happened, for example: Samsung YPC1Z. This is a good sounding flash ONLY at normal settings. So, I would suggest you to buy Iaudio, but not because of the BBE.

The BBE-induced artefact (aka the *bizzzz...* noise) on my iAudio X5L sounded like a base line aimlessly wandering around, getting tangled underfoot and irritating the hell out of me. Total eargasm the moment I turned all the sound effects off though
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back