DO I REALLY NEED AN AMP FOR MY JH16 PRO?
Jun 23, 2013 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

blastpast

New Head-Fier
I plan on saving a lot of allowance(lol) and working many hours just so u can buy these headphones and I really don't want to buy an amp I just want to stick them in my ipod and be satisfied. Do they still sound "amazing" without an amp. I plan on just running them in my ipod classic plz tell me if my money will be well spent

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
I plan on saving a lot of allowance(lol) and working many hours just so u can buy these headphones and I really don't want to buy an amp I just want to stick them in my iPod and be satisfied. Do they still sound "amazing" without an amp. I plan on just running them in my iPod classic plz tell me if my money will be well spent

As far as I can tell, the JH16 Pros were designed to function just fine plugged straight into a portable audio player (iPod, iPhone, smart phone, mp3 player, etc.)
Adding an external portable headphone amplifier might improve audio quality (how much?), but it's only optional.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 6
If you dont want amp then maybe you can upgrade your DAP instead of buying an amp :).

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #4 of 6
lol sorry but whats a DAP? All I have is an ipod classic :/

EDIT: Thanks I just did some research and found a DAP called GO-DAP GD-03, heard of it and if so would you recommend it?
            It's like $40 on amazon which is incredible IMO.

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
LOL sorry but what's a DAP? All I have is an iPod classic :/

DAP - Digital Audio Player

Spend a few dollar ($150-$200, or more) for Digital Audio Player that offers better audio quality then your current iPod Classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back