Do I pull the trigger for the ER-4p's?
Jan 27, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #16 of 22
The foamies are comfortable enough.

Microphonics die a silent death with a good old-fashioned over-the-ear pass of the cables.

Personally, as I always use a portable amp, I would buy the 4S while Headroom has them on sale. If you go with Amazon 4P and the converter you end up paying about an extra $50, and if you always use an amp the 4P isn't necessary.

Jan 27, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MatsudaMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't buy the ER-4S. Get the 4p and get the adapter. Er4p is awesome without amplification. Er4s needs amp and sometimes we don't want to lug around amp right? So, amazon has them for 155 last I checked. Awesome deal. I can't say enough about my er4p. Used to swear by er4s amped, but now i'm liking the sound of er4p unamped. DO NOT GET ER4S. GET ER4P. AMAZING IEM.

Thanks for the correction. I forgot all about the adapter.
etysmile.gif

Jan 27, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The foamies are comfortable enough.

Microphonics die a silent death with a good old-fashioned over-the-ear pass of the cables.

Personally, as I always use a portable amp, I would buy the 4S while Headroom has them on sale. If you go with Amazon 4P and the converter you end up paying about an extra $50, and if you always use an amp the 4P isn't necessary.

This is if you have an amp. Which I don't. Thanks for the info anyway.

I'm so excited!

Jan 27, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #19 of 22
I got the ER4Ps a while back and the microphonics aren't even an issue for me(i wear the normal style and use shirt clip only because its a heavyish cable). People made it seem like rubbing the cable was going sound like an earthquake.

Jan 27, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #20 of 22
They really are great IEMs. I did notice clipping on some of my favorite albums because of them, but they do cymbals so well I let it slide.
icon10.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the Headroom prices are very reasonable and won’t last, but I don’t believe they offer their normal 30 day return policy.

I have thought about getting the ER-4s many times, but the tri-flange isn’t regarded as generally comfortable and the cable is known to be micro phonic.

When I tried the tri-flange I lasted about an hour before my ear canal started to get sore. I think the Shure E4s are a good alternative and are regarded as being more comfortable and don’t have microphonic issues and provide some bass to boot.

Yet I still would like to try those ER-4s. Tough call...

IMO the E4cs are not quite in the same tier as ER-4P/S (even though they list for the same price as a pair of UM2s). Tip fitting issues aside (and no excuse really as IEM fit kits abound), the rest is classic Ety rumours which are all false - but you may never know! I just think that the Ety ER-4P/S is a benchmark IEM that everyone should try first and then go from there. They're that good.
3000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back