Do I need full size cans?
Jan 17, 2007 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dregur

100+ Head-Fier
Preface: I only really listen to music using my iPod/amp combo, mainly because I like to walk around when I listen to music for whatever reason.

As you can see in my sig, I do not own a full size can, the closest I got are the EW9's/KSC75's which are, of course, clip-ons. I tempted (damn you head-fi!) to get some full-size cans probably next month, just for home listening.

My first question is: Do you guys think I need a pair from what I currently have?

Second question is: What the heck should I get?

If I do get a pair, I'd probably be looking in the 100-150 dollar range, but value trumps actually reaching that limit Don't really need anything that isolates, but at the same I don't really want it too leak too much sound. Also, comfort is the word for the day, as I tend to listen to music in bunches of time.

I think I'm looking somewhere with more balanced sound to more warm sounding headphone, as I tend to listen to indie rock. Lots of piano, acoustic guitar, but can occasionally rock out every once in awhile. Not a basshead at all. I like my bass punchy, but not bloated.

Any suggestions?

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #2 of 3
I can't say much about quality in your price range, since I jumped from earbuds to HD497's straight to HD650's.

But comfort-wise, as a perpetual wearer of eyeglasses, I'd sooner use my $30 cheapy computer speakers than wear something that sits on top or in my ear during habitual an 6+ hour work/coding/listening sessions. The pain isn't worth it. Can't beat a nice, cushy, full-sized circumaural for comfort.

Only bad part is you can't really flop into bed with them on and expect to lay on your side.

Jan 17, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 3
I actually wear glasses as well, and don't really have a problem with clipon's.

And I'll have UM1 to go to bed with....

Did I really just type that out?

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back