do i need formats other than mp3 ( 320) when listening to dt1770 with beyerdynamic a20 amp?
Feb 12, 2016 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

OmidelF

100+ Head-Fier
will i notice a big difference if i listen to mp3 compared to flac or other formats ?

if so , which format do you suggest and where should i get it , does spotify have it ? is it expensive or can i find other formats for free ?

also i don't listen to jazz or classic

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 8
If u have a good player, you would definitely hear the difference between the two.
But for certain genres I feel that difference is not worth it, like for dance and trance music, MP3 320 is fine cause u need the bass.
But for other genres u can go deep and hear the strings of the guitar and the keys of the piano to a certain extent.
Take this with a grain of sugar.

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #4 of 8
If u have a good player, you would definitely hear the difference between the two.
But for certain genres I feel that difference is not worth it, like for dance and trance music, MP3 320 is fine cause u need the bass.
But for other genres u can go deep and hear the strings of the guitar and the keys of the piano to a certain extent.

also how to know if the song is actually 320 or not ?

i mean i can turn any youtube video into a 320 mp3 with my mp3 converter software , but does that actually make it 320 ?

for example if i download a music video from youtube then turn it into a 320 mp3 , is it equal to getting the 320 mp3 version of the song ?
if not , then why ?

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #8 of 8

also how to know if the song is actually 320 or not ?

i mean i can turn any youtube video into a 320 mp3 with my mp3 converter software , but does that actually make it 320 ?

for example if i download a music video from youtube then turn it into a 320 mp3 , is it equal to getting the 320 mp3 version of the song ?
if not , then why ?

No definitevely NOOO, youtube (when creating the video) compresses te music in another format and whhen you decide to "convert it" to 320 mp3 basically ere you are recompressing and thus removing more data (worse)

Lossless to lossless does not ave this problem called generational Loss. For sake of future proof and Media backup (Compact discs can rot and deccay) i have all lossless FLAC and convert to mp3 for the car f.e.

Also qobuz sells you many genres of music and you purchase the CD quality 16/44.1 and wn you go to My Music download page it lest you choose from FLAC, ALAC, WMA Lossles and MP3 320, 128 same for wma lossy. the cheapest deal i had is 6.99 euro, ON AVG 9.99 EURO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back