Do I need an Expensive Amp For Audeze EL8 Open Back ?
Jul 4, 2016 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

OmidelF

100+ Head-Fier
i already have a good onboard soundcard and a FiiO E10
if i buy this headphone , do i even need to use my FiiO ? considering they are something like 30 ohm ? you think my soundcard can drive it ?
also anyone here have these headphones ? i listen to all genres but i also like genres like trance and dance , do they sound bad at trance ? they lack bass or something ?

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #2 of 8
  i already have a good onboard soundcard and a FiiO E10
if i buy this headphone , do i even need to use my FiiO ? considering they are something like 30 ohm ? you think my soundcard can drive it ?
also anyone here have these headphones ? i listen to all genres but i also like genres like trance and dance , do they sound bad at trance ? they lack bass or something ?

You won't need the FiiO, but it might sound better than your onboard audio chip. So the answer is no, and yes.
I wouldn't pick EL.8 unless you can try it before buying. Reviews are all over the place.
HE400i seems to be a safer bet.

Jul 4, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 8
well the real bummer is that my local store does not offer testing it before purchase because its really new and they have to order it

so is there anyone from here that has these headphones and can offer some review ? 

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 8
Are you getting the new ones that can use the Lightning cord with a Apple device.

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 8
I'd pass on the EL-8 personally. I tried it out the other weekend from both my S6 Edge and dragonfly red and was not impressed. The Red may nit be the best amp but it gave me a pretty good idea of the sound of the EL-8. Try to pick up a used pair of higher end cans if you can.

They were very fatiguing to me and lacked lows. Im no basshead by a long shot but overall the sound was a little too "sharp" for me. I'm no expert on headphones though so you may want to get some other opinions. I ended up going with some LCD2/f's i found used.

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 8
I agree I didn't like them but others might so I don't judge.

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 8
Thats the great think about Audio, everyone likes something different. I just personally didnt like them but the OP might, who knows?
That's it. I think the LCD-4's are great but they weigh a ton as do most of the line. The 8's not so much but sound as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back