Do I need an amp or not
Mar 25, 2015 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

syar

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, just want to ask before I make a purchase of the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO headphones. I have read that these phones really need an amp to get he most out of them and I was just wondering my Bose Companion 3 system will be able to power them or do I really need to buy a separate amp to drive them?

Thanks

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't think so. They are only 150 Ohm, so your Bose system should be able to drive them. But if you feel like you need more power you can still buy an amp after you tested it.

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply. I think I will give the headphones a go then. Like you said, I can always upgrade and get an amp later on if I feel like I need one.

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 5
  Thanks for the reply. I think I will give the headphones a go then. Like you said, I can always upgrade and get an amp later on if I feel like I need one.

HI there, iv just picked up a headphone amp , well a couple really but the other two are portable type, but the one iv added into my main hifi system is very good...and I picked it up from a uk dealer which is very good, Electromod.....its the single rca input Schiit  magni  2.
Very pleased with it...it as low and high gain for different  phones, I use low for my grado 325i, and high for my sennheiser hd 580. The grado are 32ohm...and the senn are 300 ohm....see how you go...

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 5
If you are not sure if you need an amp, I would think you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back