Do I need a new amp for the sr325is?
Nov 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

deltaspirit

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, I currently use my DV 336i with my hd600's and will be upgrading to the new figaro 332S amp when it comes out. I have used the sr325's for less than an hour since i've had them, they just don't get my attention with the darkvoice. I know the darkvoice is suited for high impendance cans like the hd600's and so on. Should I get something like the little dot I+ just for my sr325's? or should I just wait and see how the new 332s responds to them (I'd think it would be similar to the 336i) Just to add, I DO like the grado sound and these headphones ARE for me.

so....

LD I+
Figaro 332s
Other?

Nov 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
add resistance. the grados i think need it to stay a little more controlled

Sorry, I prefer not to do any modding to these grados. Another thing to add is that they the 336i and sr325is combo is VERY revealing. I can hear every single buzz or crackle in the backround, I know it's the song because it does that at specific parts in the song. Just to add I am not replacing the DV just adding a seperate amp for the sr325is's

So I guess as it stands

Little dot I+
Millet hybrid

Nov 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it just plugs in, no modding. see link in 325i thread

I see, I checked out the ebay listing. It's a thought but I doubt it would fix my amp problem, I mean the sr325's are low impedance headphones and the 336i is for high impedance headphones. Imo need some sort of hybrid amp, and I would not mind some suggestions on a LD I+ variant or something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back